Thread: Chal Chale - IR's Next Hindi Movie

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Chal Chale - IR's Next Hindi Movie

Testing time
    Former assistant to Sanjay Leela Bhansali, director Ujjwal Singh is all set to make a film, Chal Chale in based on young students committing suicide because of academic pressure and the fear of examination. The film marks the comeback of yesteryear actor Manoj Kumar, who will play the role of a Supreme Court judge.

Talking about the concept of the film, Singh says, “Over the years, I have been reading about young children committing suicide because of academic pressure. I had the script ready for a long time, but recently when I read reports about 16 children committing suicide, I decided that I should make the film now.”

Apart from Manoj Kumar and eight children, the film includes Mithun Chakraborty, Rati Agnihotri and Kanwaljeet.

Singh further says, “The story is about a group of friends who are preparing for their exams and on the first day of the exams one of their friend commits suicide. Enraged by the situation, the friends decide to file a case against the parents of the child and also a case against the government. Mithun Chakraborty plays their lawyer. It becomes a national issue overnight. The judge, played by Manoj Kumar, finally resigns saying there is no law that can punish the government.”

But why Manoj Kumar? Singh says, “When I narrated the script to Manoj Kumar, he was very happy as it’s a film with a message. He loved the subject and agreed to be part of the project. He is very sensitive and emotional. I am glad that I managed to sign him on. It was not easy since he had not worked in the last 12 years but I knew that he would do the film as the subject needed someone like him.”

The film hits the floors in April and the music is by Illayaraja.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpa...552889d103a1fb

There was an article in Today's DC that Mithun is going to Dance after many years to a peepy song composed by IR. Sounds really interesting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement