Page 355 of 401 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Bgms and songs of Roja and all the Mani-ARR films have won more accolades than any film that Mani previously worked with. Roja's score was termed as one of the best scores of all time by the Time magazine. Neither of Agni Natchathiram or Mouna Raagam enjoyed that kind of recognition.
    Reminds me of a quote by Charles Darwin - "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This one is not related to music. Sorry for posting Raja sir's religious connection here.

Raja sir says how he was chosen for the Sri Rangam temple project and his connection to Kanchi Mutt. This clip evoked nostalgia for me, Though I am not a Hindu, Just for Raja Sir's sake, I also attended Sri Rangam Kumbabishekam function and I also attended Raja Sir-Gangai Amaran Orchestra the previous day of this occasion in Sri Rangam (1987)

Last edited by rajaramsgi; 13th April 2013 at 08:53 PM.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more reason I love Raja

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    One more reason I love Raja
    This is the Sembai Bhagavathar's Sama Gana Vinodhini that Raja sir sang with tears in front of Maha Periyavar.

My All time favorites in this Hamsanandhi raagam are
    1. Thesulavudhe then malarale: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer...1'&lang=en
    2. Raja Sir's Versions: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/playlist...dhi%20&lang=en

stopping here before someone shouts to say why I am making a big deal of this one..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajaramsgi, thanks for sharing the videos!

thamizh Puthandu vazhthukkal/ Vishu wishes/ Happy Tamil New Year!

Great job, Raja!
    Amazing, thanks for sharing your experience with Kanchi periyavaal! emotional!

My namaskarams to you always!
    vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 14th April 2013 at 05:55 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    This one is not related to music. Sorry for posting Raja sir's religious connection here.

Raja sir says how he was chosen for the Sri Rangam temple project and his connection to Kanchi Mutt. This clip evoked nostalgia for me, Though I am not a Hindu, Just for Raja Sir's sake, I also attended Sri Rangam Kumbabishekam function and I also attended Raja Sir-Gangai Amaran Orchestra the previous day of this occasion in Sri Rangam (1987)

பெரியவா, ஒத்துண்ட, ஒத்துண்டா, அனுக்கிரகம் பண்ணியிருக்கா, சொல்லிட்டாளா, நெறவெத்தி வப்பா, உக்காந்திருக்கா, அழச்சிண்டு, அழுதுண்டு

- நல்லா வருது ராஜாவுக்கு பிராமண பாஷை. தலித் பிராமின் என ராஜாவை சிலர் அழைப்பது பொருத்தமான ஒன்றுதான். உன்னிப்பாக கவனித்தால் இந்தப் பேட்டியில் அவர் எல்லா இடத்திலும் பெரியவா என அழைக்கவில்லை. பெரியவர் என்றும் இடையிடையே சொல்லிவருகிறார். கூடவே "பெரியவா" என்ற பக்தர்களின் பிரத்யேகமான சொல்லும் வந்து விழுகிறது. பேஷ்! பேஷ்!

வானத்திலிருந்த 27 நட்சத்திரங்களையும் ஒவ்வொன்றாக காட்டி இது அந்த நட்சத்திரம், அது அந்த நட்சத்திரம் என சொல்லிக்கொண்டே வந்து அடையாளம் காட்டினார்!" என ராஜா விவரிக்கையில் பேட்டி எடுப்பவர் சொல்லும் "ப்ப்பா!" - "நடுவுல கொஞ்சம் பக்கத்தைக் காணோம் !" படத்தின் கடைசி காட்சியாக திருமண மேடையில் நாயகன் நாயகியை அடிக்கடிப் பார்த்து "ப்ப்பா!" என சொல்வது சட்டென ஞாபகத்திற்கு வந்தது!)
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    And we Rahman fans have a special liking to Mani-ARR combo even though the former's recent form is nowhere near his best. Mani helped ARR with an entry to stardom and now the later is repaying it by giving Mani's films a business value. And Mani hardly lost anything because of his split with Raja. In fact, for people like me, he has done the greatest service to mankind in 92.

When you guys are content with Raja being above films, directors why do you even want to highlight the meeting of Raja-Mani, Suhasini's denials? Why this sudden outrage on Rahman after Suhasini cleared the airs? I can't think of any other reason other than stomach burns.

And usage of Music arrangers are quite common among composers who are busy. They are nothing but the people who give the finishing touches. Tune creation and orchestration will be done by the MD and engineering, mixing, mastering will be done under the supervision of the arrangers. MDs can anytime become arrangers but not vice versa. And as I said earlier, this concept is applicable for composers who have no time. Some composers have all the time in the world and they can do everything on their own.

P.S: I hardly visit this thread after witnessing the quality of discussions falling down drastically. Earlier there were many discussions which were worthy spending time with. I guess those hubbers have quit and the new set is only interested in mud slinging. Sad!!
    The quality of the the discussion in this forum directly depends upon the quality of music in TFM, The greatest service to mankind from 1992, is drowning of Indian cultural music and emerge of alien country music to Indian subcontinent. The virus from south toppled the giants in north also and come to a stand still no where to go. You said this is an industry where lot of money flows, whatever industry it is? if the ethics and quality goes it will sink. We are fast losing our heritage, and your favourate hitech music producer hava a greater part in it. Gone are the days , when music conveys inner feelings of mankind, it is hightime to stop listening these contemporary songs.
    die-hard fan of ilayaraja

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Music has no boundaries. There are people from other parts of the planet who travel across to the globe in December to listen to the kutcheris. And we listen to the WCM,R&Bs,Rock and other genres. If we start setting boundaries and limit ourselves to particular genre in the name of heritage, then god bless!!

ARR made TFM to be noticed internationally. As I mentioned earlier, if score of Roja was mentioned noteworthy by a renowned magazine like Time, then we people who are biased to their respective idols have no further say.

The recognition and ARR's services to TFM is a huge topic to discuss and I know this is the last place to do that. Though I started it because people here believe in praising their own idols in the expense of bringing down others'.

I may sound rude but take a leaf out of the ARR section to know how to run healthy discussions.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last post, comic relief......remind teja's quote of Charles Darwin,,,,,,,,,,

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    True.. Posted according to the thread's requirements. That's all.