Page 381 of 401 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhanraj View Post
    You are welcome Thumburu...
    Definitely you are 100% Correct. Mysskin has taken everyone (including Judges) by surprise with his Respect & Love towards IR's Music.
    After going thru' individual episode, you will be definitely mesmorised. Then see below link for Highlights.

Especially, some of the Mysskin comments are available in Highlights and NOT in the Episode.

Rgds - Madhan

Viji Manuel words were so honest and touchy without any cosmetics.. "He is a musician, I played for him, I gave my heart and soul and played for him "

Not sure what went wrong in Viji Manuel's life, but I wish him the best to recover quick from any sickness and addictions; Let him enjoy the rest of his life with peace.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    http://cinema.dinakaran.com/cine-new...id=11632&id1=3

11/2/2013 2:02:37 AM
    சென்னை : மலேசியாவில் டிசம்பர் 28,ம் தேதி இளையராஜா இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடக்கிறது. ‘கிங் ஆப் கிங்’ என்ற தலைப்பில் கார்த்திக் ராஜா இதை நடத்துகிறார். இதுபற்றி அவர் நிருபர்களிடம் கூறியதாவது: அப்பா (இளையராஜா) உலகம் முழுவதும் இப்போது இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தி வருகிறார். அவரது நிகழ்ச்சியை புதுமையான முறையில் நாங்கள் நடத்த முடிவு செய்தோம். வெங்கட்பிரபுதான் இந்த கான்செப்டை உருவாக்கினார்.

80,களில் வெளிவந்து ஹிட்டான அப்பாவின் பாடல்களை சின்ன சின்ன மாற்றங்களுடன் முன்னணி பாடகர், பாடகிகளும் பாட இருக்கிறார்கள். அப்பாவுடன் பணியாற்றிய இயக்குனர்கள், நடிகர், நடிகைகளை அழைத்திருக்கிறோம். மலேசியாவை அடுத்து இதே நிகழ்ச்சியை சென்னையிலும் நடத்த இருக்கிறோம். இவ்வாறு கார்த்திக் ராஜா கூறினார். பேட்டியின்போது வெங்கட்பிரபு, பவதாரிணி, வாசுகி பாஸ்கர், நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாட்டாளர் மை ஈவன்ட் ஆதி ஆகியோர் உடனிருந்தனர்.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting article in The Hindu. http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...cle5316818.ece

“Many composers didn’t have a sense of harmony,” says Daniels. And most music composers didn’t know to write notation! Music directors would tell arrangers what sort of sounds and moods they wanted.

I think the early years when Maestro was working under Salil Chaudhry and GK Venkatesh , he had worked hard to be able to write music scores using western notes. By 1977 when he did his first score, he could literally master it. We want another grand symphony from him because film music has become a cut and paste business, notably Hindi. It's becoming expensive to have a full orchestra to do a complete movie background score. Songs are extracted from templates and you can produce a decent song using couple of rhythm pads and basic instruments because it will be a one time sizzle in social media. How many memorable tunes were there in 2013? Kamalhaasan could nearly spend 95 crores for his own production, but gave peanuts for the music score because it was no longer relevant for his story line. For Vishwaroopam-2, the fee is still lower.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From latest Hindu article:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cin...cle5325462.ece

"Deepavali used to be a time for wild celebrations, especially for film fans in Tamil Nadu in the eighties. There would be at least ten releases starting from Rajni and Kamal starrers to Prabhu, Karthik and ‘Kokila’ Mohan down to Murali. Films were planned with the festival of lights as the deadline for release. There was no talk of too many releases and very few screens. Stars considerd competitors as box-office rivals rather than born enemies. There would always be a dark horse that would outrun a film starring a marquee name. The busiest man would be Ilaiyaraja. He would have churned out chartbusting songs for most of the releases but producers would wait patiently for him to allot dates for the background score. The prolific maestro would not take more than a couple of days for each film but his score would enhance the most mundane of sequences. The films were mostly about romance or revenge and both were lapped up with equal fervour."

At the London concert, SPB quoted that Maestro had scored music and songs for 14 films which were released for a Deepavali season and five songs from each movie went to become super hits. If my memory is correct, wasn't this the 1983 Deepavali season with movies like Vellai Roja.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    oru oorla movie Recording footage.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trailer of that Oru oorla rocks with IR's background. Amazing drum beats.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thalaimuraigal teaser (directed by Balu Mahendra):

Incredible!

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Usha Uthup on Maestro "Usha confesses to being a fan of Ilaiyaraaja. “I think he is still the king. There is absolutely no reason for him to be compared to anyone else. You know, there are some songs that you can listen to and just cry? His music does that to me. I have a big collection of his compositions,” she says."

http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...cle5350955.ece

Last year, Usha gave a wonderful rendition of "Kanne Kalaimane" with KJY at Daasettan@50 function with Maestro enjoying the song.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Thalaimuraigal and Oru oorla clips.. I am sure both movies are going to be a great treat for us from Raja sir, can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like