Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IRIR123,

Are you the 'Goa Madan'? Please send an PM if you are the one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb!!! i am listening to the podcast while i typing this... great effort... amazing song selection....முடிஞ்சா அவருக்கு ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் பட வாய்ப்பு வாங்கி கொடுங்களேன்

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Superb!!! i am listening to the podcast while i typing this... great effort... amazing song selection....முடிஞ்சா அவருக்கு ஒரு ஹாலிவுட் பட வாய்ப்பு வாங்கி கொடுங்களேன்
    "Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

it took this long for the Indian govt to give him a Padma award - how in the world do we even expect hollywood to even know abt him ??

small things such as this radioshow if done to perfection, are adequate enough - it took me an entire 2-3 months to organise this - and there are limitations

even if a few handful of people who have never heard of IR's music get to listen to it, and raise their eyebrows thats a good start

hollywood is a different beast - a fortress shielded by myriad agencies, groups, forums all of whom cater and nurture locally grown talent

to be honest, Hollywood does not need IR !

and IR does not need Hollywood either!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    "Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together." - Vincent Van Gogh

it took this long for the Indian govt to give him a Padma award - how in the world do we even expect hollywood to even know abt him ??

small things such as this radioshow if done to perfection, are adequate enough - it took me an entire 2-3 months to organise this - and there are limitations

even if a few handful of people who have never heard of IR's music get to listen to it, and raise their eyebrows thats a good start

hollywood is a different beast - a fortress shielded by myriad agencies, groups, forums all of whom cater and nurture locally grown talent

IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its true. IR is beyond that and His thinking is totally different.
    Music Unities Everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaraagam

Its true. IR is beyond that and His thinking is totally different.
    this is not abt whether IR is better or beyond what Hollywood needs - it is more of a practical issue - there are dozens of upcoming very talented composers like Alexandre Desplat, Sharon Farber, Michael Giacchino, etc

this is besides the regulars from John Williams, Horner, through Sylvestri, James Newton Howards, Howard Shore, Elfman etc

and hence there is no dearth of composers in Hollywood, that they have to seek someone from distant India!

thats what I meant

if you ask me, I would say, we dont have original talented composers actually doing music the way it should be done - in India! barring IR, and a few others, we might end up actually hiring someone from outside, at this rate of borrowing samples/loops!
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you ask me, I would say, we dont have original talented composers actually doing music the way it should be done - in India! barring IR, and a few others, we might end up actually hiring someone from outside, at this rate of borrowing samples/loops!
    Irir, my opinion on this, what you said is true in all fields among indians. The education system doesnt develop creativity and our belief system forces us not to. You are told to study, you are told to get 100%, you are told to write IIT-JEE, you are told to find a job, you are told to go to US or other country, you are told to get GC. Please read "you are told to" as your parents told you or peer pressure forces you".

In India, the focus is survival, so create lot of pressure to people and we forget about creativity.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    In India, the focus is survival, so create lot of pressure to people and we forget about creativity.
    அப்படீன்னா பாரதியார், இளையராசா எல்லாம் எப்படி உண்டானாங்க?

நீங்கள் சொல்லும் கருத்து மத்திய வர்க்கக்குடும்பங்களைப்பொறுத்த மட்டில் பெரும்பான்மையாக சரியென்றாலும், இந்தியாவில் அவர்கள் மட்டுமே இல்லை

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Quote Originally Posted by njv
    அப்படீன்னா பாரதியார், இளையராசா எல்லாம் எப்படி உண்டானாங்க?

நீங்கள் சொல்லும் கருத்து மத்திய வர்க்கக்குடும்பங்களைப்பொறுத்த மட்டில் பெரும்பான்மையாக சரியென்றாலும், இந்தியாவில் அவர்கள் மட்டுமே இல்லை
    though we are digressing quite a bit, let me add one last point:

our middle-class values simply suck bigtime - they are centred around survival, marriage and children and nothing beyond these - add to these, a dumba*s bureaucracy and ritualistic belief systems (blaming the horoscope of someone who is diagnosed of cancer, for example) - and worst of all, we are the most class-ridden society in the world
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    irir and njv, well said.

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast