Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Global recognition for IR's music.......

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ananth222
    Wow, when it comes to belittling our own culture, Indians are the best! The belief system in the US is much worse than the Indian one - many people here are quite certain that the earth is only 6000 years old and write books and build museums about how dinosaurs and men lived together. The basic education is so pathetic only 25% of high-schoolers can correctly point Europe on the world map. Many westerners look up to the Indian belief system and education system.

Coming back to the main issue, there is no dearth of talent and creativity in India. Due to the fast marketing of art, only the cheap stuff is sold. Same here with the auto-tuners and cheap rap albums. Both places have good creative artists also, if you look for them. It is easy to complain, but hard to step above the limitations and succeed. And harder still to appreciate those who stepped above the limitations better than you.
    peace! the belief systems prevalent regarding the age of the earth etc etc, but a liberal media/scientific community is fighting it tooth and nail - am not belittling the finer aspects of what we have - but to ignore the glaring loopholes will not be very honest
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar
    sanjeevi,
    enna kidnal.

indha kashtathuku than - thanglish...

irir123 - meratarar. adhanala dhan tamil..
    correct panradhukulae kindala......

Grrrrrrrrr..
    i thought i made a humble request - the request was also because there are others in the forum who dont understand tamil, so as a matter of common courtesy, it wud be good to write in english so that everyone can understand what we are saying!
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    irir123,
    unga request -enanku meratara madhiri thonithu.

enaku english la solla theriyalai. dono engllish.
    sorry.
    inime disturb panna maten.

pl continue your service........
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tvsankar
    irir123,
    unga request -enanku meratara madhiri thonithu.

enaku english la solla theriyalai. dono engllish.
    sorry.
    inime disturb panna maten.

pl continue your service........
    naan mirattavey illai madam! i swear - neengaley naan ippo ezhudhuvadhai padichhu paarthu, adhai purindhu kolvadharkku yevvalavo kashtappadanumnu sollunga paappom!

IR rasigan anbaagathaan pesa mudiyum - miratti pesinaal, adhu isai rasiganukku azhagum illai, poruthhamum illai!
    -Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like
    சரி இல்லாததை சரி செய்ய ராஜா FANS
    மிரட்டலாம். தவ்று இல்லை

நான் தவறு செய்வதால் , எனக்கு மிரட்டுவது போலத் தோன்றி இருக்கலாம்.

இப்படித் தமிழில் எழுதும் நேரம், 8 சப்பாத்தி செய்து இருப்பேன்

irir`123, naan thanglish il ezhudhuvadhal,
    thanglish il padika - enaku kashtam ilai. hahahha..

kochikadhingo. inime inga ezhudha vara maten.
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    தமிழ் தெரிந்தவர்களுக்கு கூட இந்த மாதிரி தங்லிஷில் தாங்கள் எழுதுவதை படிப்பதற்கு ரொம்பவும் கஷ்டமாக இருக்கிறது.

முயன்றால் முடியாதது இல்லை... சித்திரமும் கைப்பழக்கம் செந்தமிழும் நாப்பழக்கம் உங்களுக்காக வேண்டுமானால் சப்பாத்தி செய்வதும் தமிழில் தட்டெழுச்சு செய்வதும் கைப்பழக்கம் என்று மாற்றி விடலாம்...

நான் ஜிமெயில் உதவியுடன்தான் டைப் செய்கிறேன் பெரும்பாலான நேரங்களில் நாம் சிறிய தவறுகள் செய்தாலும் சரியான வார்த்தைகளை அதுவே அளித்து விடுகிறது...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    நான் ஹாலிவுட் படத்துக்கு ராஜா இசை அமைப்பதைப் பற்றி கொளுத்திப்போட்ட திரி கொழுந்துவிட்டு எரிந்ததை கண்டேன். நமது எந்த இந்திய மொழிகளில் உருவாக்கப்படும் எந்த படத்தையும் விட (சில விதிவிலக்குகள் உண்டு) நிறைய ஹாலிவுட் படங்கள் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை அமைக்கும் திறனுக்கு தீனி போட வல்லது என்பது என் உறுதியான நம்பிக்கை. குறிப்பாக science fiction, historical படங்கள்... ஆற்றொழுக்கான நடை என்பது போல ஒரு முழு நீள symphony சினிமாவில் அமைப்பதற்கு அங்குதான் வாய்ப்பிருக்கிறது.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    நான் ஹாலிவுட் படத்துக்கு ராஜா இசை அமைப்பதைப் பற்றி கொளுத்திப்போட்ட திரி கொழுந்துவிட்டு எரிந்ததை கண்டேன். நமது எந்த இந்திய மொழிகளில் உருவாக்கப்படும் எந்த படத்தையும் விட (சில விதிவிலக்குகள் உண்டு) நிறைய ஹாலிவுட் படங்கள் ராஜாவின் பின்னணி இசை அமைக்கும் திறனுக்கு தீனி போட வல்லது என்பது என் உறுதியான நம்பிக்கை. குறிப்பாக science fiction, historical படங்கள்... ஆற்றொழுக்கான நடை என்பது போல ஒரு முழு நீள symphony சினிமாவில் அமைப்பதற்கு அங்குதான் வாய்ப்பிருக்கிறது.
    AM not denying that - however, there are already enough composers in hollywood who can easily take up the challenge of doing such a score for such a film! they simply do NOT NEED someone like IR to score for them !

thats not the case here in India! if someone were to make a historical with a solid script, IR wud be the automatic choice!
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    AM not denying that - however, there are already enough composers in hollywood who can easily take up the challenge of doing such a score for such a film! they simply do NOT NEED someone like IR to score for them !

thats not the case here in India! if someone were to make a historical with a solid script, IR wud be the automatic choice!
    அமேரிக்கர்களுக்கு ராஜாவின் இசையை அறிமுகப்படுத்துவதற்கும், ஹாலிவுட்டுக்கு ராஜா தேவையில்லை என்பதற்கும் இடையேயுள்ள நிலைப்பாடு புரியவில்லை.

நீங்களே சொல்கிறீர்கள்! அங்கு புதிய இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் வந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறார்கள் என.. அப்படிருக்கும் போது, ராஜாவும் வந்தால் என்ன? என்னைக் கேட்டால், ராஜாவின் பல்வேறு பின்னணி இசை முயற்சிகளுக்கு நமது இந்தியப் படக் காட்சிகளின் தரம் யானப்பசிக்கு சோளப்பொறி போட்டது போல. எல்லா திசைகளிலிலும் எல்லைகளை நீட்டித்துக்கொண்டே யிருக்கும் அயல்நாட்டுப் படைப்புக்கள்தான் ராஜாவிற்கு தகுந்த களம்.

ஆனால் ஹாலிவுட்டில் ஒரு படத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் எப்படி தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப் படுகிறார் என்பதிலும், எப்படியெல்லாம் ஒரு படத்தின் கூட்டு முயற்சியில் பங்கெடுத்துக் கொள்கிறார் என்பதிலும், கோடம்பாக்கம் - ஹாலிவுட்டிற்குமிடையே மலையளவு வேறுபாடுகள் இருக்கிறது. அந்த நிலைக்கு ராஜா தன்னை தயார் படுத்திக் கொள்வாரா, இல்லை அதெல்லாம் அவருக்கு ஒத்துவராது என்பதை முன்கூட்டியே அறிந்துதான் அந்த முயற்சிகளில் ஈடுபடாமல் இருக்கிறாரா என்றெல்லாம் ஐயப்பாடுகள் எழுகின்றது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram
    ஆனால் ஹாலிவுட்டில் ஒரு படத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் எப்படி தேர்ந்தெடுக்கப் படுகிறார் என்பதிலும், எப்படியெல்லாம் ஒரு படத்தின் கூட்டு முயற்சியில் பங்கெடுத்துக் கொள்கிறார் என்பதிலும், கோடம்பாக்கம் - ஹாலிவுட்டிற்குமிடையே மலையளவு வேறுபாடுகள் இருக்கிறது. அந்த நிலைக்கு ராஜா தன்னை தயார் படுத்திக் கொள்வாரா, இல்லை அதெல்லாம் அவருக்கு ஒத்துவராது என்பதை முன்கூட்டியே அறிந்துதான் அந்த முயற்சிகளில் ஈடுபடாமல்
    இருக்கிறாரா என்றெல்லாம் ஐயப்பாடுகள் எழுகின்றது.
    Venkiram, I dont think IR will have problems collaborating with others. He did very well with Lazlo Kovacs, the conductor of the Budapest Symphony Orchestra. I think he just needs somebody who is at his level of expertise. Even today, for film music, if somebody can immediately tell the raagam of the tune, as soon as they hear him sing the first few lines, he will just wakeup and the whole movie music will be very good. Kamal is able to extract work out of him because his knowledge is so very good, that IR will take pains to do quality work.
    I have a very slight doubt, artistically, he might be in a different school of thought. The western world is highly structured and expects people to not 'over-innovate' ie. clean, structured music is appreciated and only when the artiste has proven in delivering this level of quality any creative efforts to do "free-form" is welcomed. Till then you have to play by the books. Rahman understands and does this very well. It is quite possible IR also will do this because he is old and mature now and if big money is involved he might be very receptive

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast