Page 63 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: MAESTRO ILAIYARAAJA NEWS & TITBITS VER.2010

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    alaanti maater thamizh songlo aemi ledhu
    (translated - there is no reference of jagadhukku virundhinar in thamizh om namaha )
    The thamizh om namaha song is extremely preoccupied with the kiss and the Jollu.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish someone took the pain of using the word 'pranayam' as is in thamizh - Malayalam and kannada also use this wonderful word.

Who ever did the translation of this wonderful song in thamizh has done an extremely hash job of it. the poetry in telugu with all those poetic allegory to the 'extreme closeness' is broken to pieces by a very vulgar translation. I cant believe if Raaja has not taken enough care around this..
    And I am with Plum on SPB Vs Mano = Sooriyan Vs Candle light....
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    If my memory serves me right, in the 'Mudhal Mariyadai' review they had no mention of music at all!!!

'vimarsanathila ithellam sagajamappa'
    Not mentioning about music / lack of appreciation etc can at least be tolerated. Here they are specifically giving marks to various artists (even the producer gets a 50% and most others got better score than IR). If someone does not know anything about music, they shouldn't be judging it at all.

AV review team must have been comprising of people like Gnani / Charu / Shaji those days.

In any case, that movie is today remembered only for chitthirachchevvAnam, oru vAnavil pOlE and kaNdEn engum poomagaL nAttiyam.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Chanced to see this blog which has a scan of vikatan vimarsanam of kAtRinilE varum geetham.

Raja gets 40/100 marks. The reviewer must have been deaf!

See here
    பொதுவாகவே தமிழர்கள் செத்த பின் சிலை வைப்பதில் சிறந்தவர்கள்... ஏதோ இந்த மட்டிலாவது ராஜாவை இப்போது சிறப்பிக்கிறார்களே என்று சந்தோஷப்படுங்கள்...அவர் வளர்ந்த காலத்தில் மட்டம் தட்ட முயற்சிகள் தான் அதிகம்... அவரும் இவர்களைப் பற்றி புரிந்துகொண்டு மீடியா நிழலில் நிற்காமல் ஒதுங்கிக்கொண்டார்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    alaanti maater thamizh songlo aemi ledhu
    (translated - there is no reference of jagadhukku virundhinar in thamizh om namaha )
    The thamizh om namaha song is extremely preoccupied with the kiss and the Jollu.
    Think it was vaali.
    "moongilil kaatru nuzhaindhu mohanam paadudhO
    Naal vagai naanam marandhu naadagam aadudho"
    Was decent. But as you said, the emphasis was on the jollu only with no depth as in the telugu version.
    The second point I made was about sundara telunginil paatisaithu. When the language offers you athithulu for virundhinargaL, you have a head start as a lyricist!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle
    Chanced to see this blog which has a scan of vikatan vimarsanam of kAtRinilE varum geetham.

See here
    பொதுவாகவே தமிழர்கள் செத்த பின் சிலை வைப்பதில் சிறந்தவர்கள்... ஏதோ இந்த மட்டிலாவது ராஜாவை இப்போது சிறப்பிக்கிறார்களே என்று சந்தோஷப்படுங்கள்...அவர் வளர்ந்த காலத்தில் மட்டம் தட்ட முயற்சிகள் தான் அதிகம்... அவரும் இவர்களைப் பற்றி புரிந்துகொண்டு மீடியா நிழலில் நிற்காமல் ஒதுங்கிக்கொண்டார்.
    eagle - yes. Raja purinjindu thannai kapathindu irukar.

|Silai ellam vendam pa

Jesus madhiri - Siluvaiyil yethama irundha podhum........

Raja konjam innocent a irundha,
    adhaiyum seidhalum seivanga....

but - God is Great. Raja nalla irukar.idhu podhum...........
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like

See here
    Vikatan review sucked especially in music and particularly in raaja's music. They are re-publishing many yesteryear movie reviews. I could not see any praise for raaja even in many reviews they had not mentioned raaja and hence not reviwed the music part

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65
    Jai,

I am not sure if it was VM for this. Wasn't Roja the first Maniratnam-VM collaboration?

Plum: You have explained it very nicely. Infact the the sounds of the words I had earlier written, 'raaleti poola', if you observe carefully, suit the lilting tune so well. The softness of the tune is accentuated by the words. 'poola', 'raagalu', 'ghandalatho'. He has chosen the words so as to be as soft as the tune. Same with 'Om Namaha' as well. 'e manchu kondalokatai kovgililo kalisi karige velalo'. Raja's collaboration with Veturi and Sirivenella did produce some magical works.
    Corresponding tamil lyrics for e manchu:
    "Nooladai vilagi vilagi neerodai perugi vazhiyum neram
    "
    Clearly, the tamil lyricist got stuck at Girija's lips

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Shaji's article - Here is my take on IR's personality - he is a tough competitor and employer. If you cannot run with him ..just get out of the way ..otherwise you are gonna get crushed under the wheels of this monster struck. I dont know whether Shaji has worked or known brilliant people..I have known top-notch programmers (who write a video game in an hour for fun) who would almost insult me when I was new to my job just out of college..But I know the guy really never meant it..It is unimaginable for him that I would be making the same mistakes again and again..(I was writing device drivers in assembly language..just the glue code..rest was in C). Do I go around trashing that guy.. no way..I am happy he set a reference for me for the rest of the career.
    Good guys like Guitar Prasanna have worked with him and made a career elsewhere. IR is not your gradma to spoon feed you.. if a village dude like him can work like a Maestro and command the respect of top-notch conductors in the world. We convent educated ..school bus/car driven ..lunch box delivered children should do better

Post Thanks / Like
    பொதுவாகவே தமிழர்கள் செத்த பின் சிலை வைப்பதில் சிறந்தவர்கள்.