Page 110 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2498

Thread: Maestro Ilaiyaraja New Albums 2011 - Hello Jaihind / Sri Rama Rajyam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    எது எப்படியோ, இந்த ஹப்பி ஒரு நந்தலாலா ஆகாமல் இருந்தால் சரி
    vaaya vechukittu summa irum Oi.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    NormalMan - the music clippings are not even a min long! how are you able to arrive at a conclusion as above ?
    I wasn't poking holes at this clip, but in general off late. Look at all his recent BGM scores. None had a distinguishable, repeatable theme like MR or Jhonny or many from BR's movies.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normal man ...thats because none of those movies had a distinct character which requires such theme based movies ..

( check out maayakannadi , it does have theme based scores ...)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anegan
    Quote Originally Posted by raagas
    http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/broadband/video/Parties-and-Events/Wq0ia926/3/Ilaiyaraja-Creates-Happi-Magic.html

Happi BGM recording
    What a Wonder!

As usual is Raaja's interview. Rajaaaaaa
    regarding his interview - remember , the questions were hidden and edited out !!!!

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    Bhavna Talwar was very recently in a major controversy, when she threatened to sue Vidhu Vinodh Chopra over the selection of EKLAVYA as an Oscar entry over her DHARM - I just hope IR's association with her does not antagonise IR with the Chopra lobby in Bollywood (which I think is quite strong/ powerful)
    Ah thats a far fetched thought! Besides i would really like IR to work with Vidhu Vinod Chopra (though chances are rare) because he has a fantastic music sense, particularly in the ones he directed. from what i observed, he likes lot of rich music (his favourite composers were S.D.Burman & R.D.Burman). Sanjay Leela Bhansali is another director who has absolutely good music preferences. Ah, if only they take notice of Ilaiyaraaja's capabilities...
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    VVC produced Rajkumar Hirani movies have had horrendous music. The first one with Anu Malil was excusable but if he cant extract good out of Shantanu Moitra, then Hirani has to be considered a musical-ear-less person.

VVC - yes, 1942 was very good and Kareeb was middling ok. But after that? Mission Kashmir was okayish only, and further to that, cant see much.
    Bhansali - wavelength match aagaadhu IR-Oda. Perhaps, he needs Rahman. Bhansali is the type who has a lot of suggestions and input into music, and he wants it the way he wants it, and it needs a humble MD who has the time to listen to him patiently and accept his ego. At this stage, IR doesnt need to do that. Cost vs Benefit is not good enough

Senior Member Senior Hubber raagas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

I agree on hirani's films, but VVC produced Parineeta had good music. VVC directed films have music that is much much better than usual crop.I agree that Kareeb was ok, but if we see it from Anu Malik's standing point, it is much better. VVC's Ekalavya had good music by Shantanu Moitra. I think he likes soft music (going by his strong liking for song Chanda re in Ekalavya).

I completely agree about Bhansali.He is a musically knowledgeable guy, so much that it is rumoured that half of the music in his films was composed by him.I am sure IR wouldnt take all that.But mine is just a wish. because Bhansali is very particular about the music he wants.And IR too recently complained that directors coming to him ask for same kind of music instead of inspiring him to create something new.Bhansali has this "more orchestral" kind of preference.His films have rich orchestration and stuff and thats where IR also flourishes a lot.So it would be interesting to see them team up. Only issue is that IR needs to be little accomodative about suggestions. And i think IR is accomodative with people who know what they want and who know music (like Kamal Haasan).Bhansali knows music (he himself is composing music for his next film) or atleast has strong preferences and may be they can create fantastic work, if at all they team up.
    Just 7 notes behold a beauty of life...

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    digression

Just happened to read this piece from Jeyamohan :

http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=7279

Briefly, this explains as to how he is on "stand-by" mode now.

end-digression

Makes one appreciate how IR didn't have this luxury of "stand-by" for many years, despite being involved in a highly creative process.

And we are made to very rarely ask - like - where is the next one, why nothing new etc, except now - i.e. in 2010 after he is well-past the retirement age anywhere in the world

Obviously, IR's brain had been working at phenomenal efficiency all these years !

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App_engine,

Wrong comparison perhaps. Writers used to have writer's block. ever heard of MD has musician's block?

Jus kidding...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app_eng,

Excellent observation. Listening to his 'aaro paadunna dhoori' you wonder how after so many and so many songs he is still able to come up with such magic!! Not only that, he has to think so much for the BGM as well. People may complain about his song quality / use of synth in late 90s onwards but no one can complain about his BGM, which has always been impeccable. (BTW, Jeyamohan had also not written for a year or more when he was involved in 'Naan Kadavul'. He then started in full speed.)

eagle: Though you have asked the question in a lighter vein, the answer to your question is, musicians dont have musicians block but just seem to fade away or lose their magic. This has happened to many of the genius and trendsetters of yesteryears. Once faded, they never come back. Unlike writers who can break their block and write something good later.