Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    #355 வனமெல்லாம் செண்பகப்பூ
    (நாடோடிப்பாட்டுக்காரன், 1992)

vanamellAm sheNbagappoo from nAdOdippAttukkAran

Quite an interesting song, with an unusual kind of rhythm arrangement for the pallavi - something that sounds like "reverse gear" and not often heard in IR songs IMO. Catchy melody and possibly provided some "mass screen presence" thingy for Karthik those days. However, the movie's name makes it obscure - with too many movies having pAttukkAran suffix those days (as also nAdOdi prefix). I don't have any idea about the movie at all!

The song is strongly etched in memory, however Once again, I can't place a specific time period as to when I actually heard this song While there's no question that I've listened to it only on PA systems (and not on a personal audio / radio), it's got to be around the time of its arrival - during my many trips to Cbe & rest of TN in the early 90's. Other hubbers may be able to chip-in more details about the movie /songs.

In addition, I don't have much familiarity with other songs of this album at all!
    My favourite!! as you mentioned, don't have any idea about the other songs.. rhythm is very good to listen in this song.. the lyrics end with 'pU' in each line is another interesting part in this song,...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement