newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

<b>Hariharan wears an ACTOR's Hat</b> Hariharan wears an ACTOR's Hat

Topic started by kk (@ 210.210.37.169) on Wed Jan 14 06:00:47 EST 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Hariharan wears an actor’s hat

After singer Sonu Nigam decided to make a foray into acting with Love in Nepal, it’s now the turn of Hariharan. The versatile musician of Colonial Cousins fame will play a singer-cum-painter in Jeyadevi’s Power, opposite South Indian heartthrob Khushboo.

Hariharan says he is looking forward to facing the camera. “I had been getting many offers but Power, which releases in January, was the one I succumbed to. The film is in Tamil and it’ll be a good change from singing, my first passion,” he elaborates.

Trained in Hindustani and Carnatic music from an early age, Hariharan won the national award for Best Male Singer for the number Mere Dushman Mere Bhai from Border. “I’m now looking forward to the release of Farhan Akhtar’s Lakshya, where I’ve worked with the team of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and rendered two songs. Working with Loy was a fabulous experience. What I liked about him was his professionalism and focus. Plus Loy is really contemporary in his approach,” says Hariharan.

In the Capital to perform for the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, Hariharan has been working with A R Rahman since Roja in 1992 and has sung over 68 songs for him in various languages ranging from Tamil, to Hindi, to Urdu, to Kannada, to Telugu, to Malyalam and Bangla, among others.

Now, after the success of his last album Kaash, the talented singer is hopeful that his soon-to-be-released ghazal album Tabdiili will do well as well. “It has nine songs. I’ve been inspired by Mehdi Hassan and Ghulam Ali. From fusion to pop, I’ve tried all genres of music and each has been a learning experience, but what I like about ghazals is poetry blended with philosophy,” says Hariharan.

Having never ventured into remixes, Hariharan hopes for some international tie-ups and may turn music composer soon. “I don’t believe there’s any harm in doing remixes if they are executed tastefully. After all, old songs have great melody. But some of the videos that I recently saw were quite vulgar and took away from the beauty of those timeless classics,” he says.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/news/hindi/articles/11012004-6.html

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments