newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Mahesh's Vaanam Vasappadum Mahesh's Vaanam Vasappadum

Topic started by Osho (@ 203.197.136.34) on Sat Mar 27 02:13:55 EST 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Surprise comes in different packages. This time its in the form of a rather low hyped music release. PC Sriram's "Vaanam Vasappadum" by Mahesh. Before picking up the album, i thought that couple of songs would be good. But to my surprise all the songs on initial hearing completely knocked me down. Wow! Be it the rocky "Uyire Uyire" by Hariharan and ganga or the wonderfull duet "Kangal theendi" this album is sure the best of this year to me. Below is the list of the songs and my views on it. Let me know what you think of these songs guys!!
1. Vaanam Vasappadume - Timmy & Srinivas
I guess this is the title track. Great song this is . The song has a rockish feel to it.
2. Megame
Sung by harini. Didnt really impress me on initial hearing. Let me give the song a few more chances.
3. Kangal Theedi - Hariharan & Sujatha - Vairamuthu
THe way the song starts with sax is amazing. Hariharan and sujatha's melliflous voice then takes over. An wonderfull duet. One of the very best duet of this year. Listen to the sax, its been put to perfection in the song. Perfect tamil pronunication,( which eludes tamil songs of late!!) and great orchestration. An out of the world song. I'm hooked
4. Kanne Kanne
The song starts as a soft ballad and then . Very good rendition by srinivas.
5. Vaanam Uyaram
ANother duet by Harish Ragavendar and Gopika Poornima. Nice song. A good duet.
6. Uyire Uyire - Hariharan and ganga.
This one rocks!!. An absolute gem. No further explanation. Hear it to believe it. Wonderfull song.
7. Seithi Suda
Again a rockish song by Ranjith. Its a bit song. Good one.

Over all the album is a whiff of fresh air. Let me know what you think about the album guys.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments