newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

IR songs that you absolutely hated at first but loved later.. IR songs that you absolutely hated at first but loved later..

Topic started by tigger (@ 205.219.204.23) on Tue Mar 19 10:12:43 EST 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Does any IR fan have experiences similar to mine where you hated a song (for whatever reason) and forwarded it each time without listening properly, but then grew to love it later on? I thought it would be interesting to discuss that. There are 2 songs that I can start off with:

1. kadhal enna kathal enna kathirikaya from Sethu. I never got past the first line because of the starting lyrics, but one day by chance I listened to the whole song and realized that it was not bad. After multiple listenings I grew to love that song.

2. eduthuvittaen thoduthuvittaen enga ooru themmangu from periya veetu pannakaaran. It starts with a brief introduction to each instrument. Someone plays the thavil and then says "ithu thanjavuru thavilu". Someone else plays the urumi and then says "ithu namma madurai urumi". I never got past this because I thought it was a useless "pattikaatu" song. Again by chance I listened to it fully and started liking it, and now I absolutely love this song. The bonus is the lyrics: nikkathaiya en paatu, un paatathan nippaatu, ikkaalamum ekkaalamum ithukku irukku supportu... Always makes me smile when I hear this.. :)

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments