newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

<b>Illaiyaraja Following ARRahman's Foosteps</b> Illaiyaraja Following ARRahman's Foosteps

Topic started by Dinesh (@ 210.186.42.60) on Fri Oct 22 10:47:07 EDT 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Now it is the turn on Ilayaraja
IndiaGlitz
Monday, October 18, 2004

The only difference between India’s two best music directors A R Rahman and Ilayaraja is their brand of music. Otherwise, both are intensely private individuals who don’t like public attention.

They also shunned music tours for some time. First, Rahman fell for it. And Ilayaraja is. Rahman enthralled Tamil music lovers all around the world with his musical tour around the world last year. Now Ilayaraja too would be going on a world tour and performing live in front of audiences early next year.

Asked about his proposed world tour, Illayaraja says, "after almost a decade I would go back on stage to perform live. I was against live-shows since I felt it takes much time. I always thought I could use the time to compose a song".

"But, when Raj, CEO, Dreammakers, Dubai, wanted to take me to different countries in the world where Tamils lived, I agreed, since it would be an opportunity for my fans to come, meet and interact with me".

"I accepted this tour on a condition that proceeds from the concert would go to orphanages, old-age homes and schools for the blind and deaf'.

Asked about his musical symphony on Thiruvasagam, Illayaraja says 'the work is still on. It would be over by November and be released in a grand manner'.

Come February, Illayaraja would perform six concerts in Chennai, Singapore, Dubai, Malaysia, USA and the UK with a 115-member orchestra besides leading playback singers from Tamilnadu.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/10983.html

- IR also doing for the same cause :I accepted this tour on a condition that proceeds from the concert would go to orphanages, old-age homes and schools for the blind and deaf'

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments