newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

HOW TO NAME IT? IT TOOK ME OVER 12 YEARS TO APPRECIATE IT FINALLY! HOW TO NAME IT? IT TOOK ME OVER 12 YEARS TO APPRECIATE IT FINALLY!

Topic started by Ilayaraaja For Earth 24 Hours (@ 65.56.133.147) on Mon Apr 29 01:35:32 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Has any of you had this feeling? Initially many things just feel stupid but later than sooner you just see how amazing that something is? In my case, it has happened to me with many a Ilayaraaja song and most particularly with the strange non-filmy album of the Maestro HOW TO NAME IT? Unlike many popular songs that appealed right away and felt stupid later on, How To Name IT suddenly took me by storm. Is it because I began to understand the science of music over the years and I needed that to truly appreciate the wavelength of thought and complexity of the compositions? Or, is it because there is no really great music out there anymore? Or, the film music is take a nowhere to go turn? Whatever said, I think How To Name It is IsaiGnani's answer to Bach's Brandberg's concertos and Vivaldi's Four Seasons put together!!!! All the 10 compositions are truly of a level that took me many years of musical listening to appreciate past Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and of course our own A R Rahman ;--) Now, I have to get hold of Nothing But Wind, cassette of which I gave off to someone because I thought the compositions were just inscrutable. Has any of you felt the same way like people like me have? I did have problems with India 24 Hours too? But, after a couple of years I listened to it again and my joy is unbounded. I heard IR was coming up with Moods of Ilayaraaja? What happened to it? I just can't wait to get hold of all the non-filmy albums of IR including the Symphony? My God, I can now believe the Saappadu IR was talking about. The film music was Appalam and Oorugai! Imagine that! I can't. My head is spinning at the thought of just taking my mind away from How To Name It? for some time to come!!!!

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments