newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Old songs, newly done Old songs, newly done

Topic started by Tee (@ 192.68.228.4) on Mon Jun 21 14:55:44 EDT 2004.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Hi guys, gals,
I am in the USA and don't get much chance to see
recent albums in shops. I heard from someone that
some MGR songs were remastered with the latest technology and the album sounds great. I could hear two such song myself: thottaal poo malarum (in some recent movie) and Ilamai Idho Idho (remix) that sounded pretty good.

One complain I have about the old songs is that some of them were recoded at the time of harmoniums and tablas and the quality is not that great. And some songs makes me feel that the effect will be amazing if some current artists sing it with the help of latest technology in recording and instruments.

I am sure I am not the one thinking this way .. and it is quite likely that someone has done the same in India for old tamil songs. Do you guys know of any such albums ?? Would you know where to buy them in Chennai or Singapore (i can ask a friend of mine to get it) ??
Btw, I think some of these old songs come in the form of remixes. I heard some and they tend to suit a party kind of situation, which is not exactly what I am looking for.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments