newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

THE MAESTRO AND RAVI SHANKAR THE MAESTRO AND RAVI SHANKAR

Topic started by IR WITH MICHAEL JACKSON AND NORAH JONES! (@ 65.176.169.171) on Mon Feb 24 22:08:36 EST 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Since the Michael Jackson and IR thread is not pickin up steam here, why not look at this way? RAVI SHANKAR AND THE BEATLES? Ok, to take it another notch there, Ravi Shankar brought world wide attnetion to the existence of Indian Classical music.

Now, I am saying If IR gets MichaeL Saxon, sorry Jackson to sing a composition in the league of Thriller, then we have the world coming to know of the legacy of popular film music of south India and especially how IR has made this an art form equivalent to the best of Hollywood genres, even though not as sophisticated sounding (sound engineering wise.)

Please let us discuss this, my request is Raajangahm.com founders also note this discussion and suggest to IR the potential of a project as this one, since Michael Jackson is still hot and we also have a new media favorite, Norah Jones who may also be the real bet for IR (I don't know why is a pretty simple composition and the pattern is overused in Indian film songs too. So, if that ordinary tune can make it, then an IR tune with a prelude and interludes will blow the sky out of the landscape at Hollywood.)

Long Live IR, RS and NJ! (But, if there is no response here, then with the grace of newtfmpage admin, I would like to start another promising topic - Norah Jones and A R Rahman. I'm sure most folks like me don't want another revised edition of Bombay Dreams with Norah Jones discussed here?!!!)

SO, LET US GET THIS ACROSS TO THE MAESTRO: MAESTRO ILAYARAAJA & MICHAEL JACKSON - ULTIMATE THRILLER!

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments