newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Srinivas, Shankar Mahadevan and Unni Krishnan: Who's the best? Srinivas, Shankar Mahadevan and Unni Krishnan: Who's the best?

Topic started by Vijay (@ 212.219.189.4) on Tue Oct 9 17:40:24 EDT 2001.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Well, there can be no doubt about the fact that these three are the best singers in TFM at the moment. But of the three, who's the best? It seems to me that the vast majority of TFM fans feel that it is Unni Krishnan, but I feel that Srinivas is a more versatile singer. Of course, technically he is not as perfect; at very high pitches his voice does sound funny, but I feel that he is more versatile, i.e. capable of singing all styles of music, while Unni Krishnan is better at Carnatic and Indian light music. I feel that Shankar Mahadevan is also similarly talented, i.e. has a voice that suits both Indian Classical and Western-style pop music, but his voice lacks the "lightness" that characterizes Srinivas.

In summing up, I would like to say that in my opinion, Srinivas is a vastly-underrated singer.

What are your comments? It would be really nice to have the experts's comments here, i.e. J Srikkanth, Naveen Jebaraj, Aditya, etc., etc.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments