newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Educating the TFM surfers on various theoretical aspects of FM ....Music Educating the TFM surfers on various theoretical aspects of FM ....Music

Topic started by Madhan (@ 202.41.117.3) on Fri Jun 12 11:21:55 EDT 1998.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Friends, as an ardent music lover, I have certain pending reservations regarding the usage of TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY while discussing music. I have a sincere suggestion to make - there are various terms like "LAYA MEDHA VILAASAM"(once used by Subbudu, the music critic to describe ARR's music), "Shruti Bedham","Chords progressions)(favorite area of our Srikanth ), "Apaswaram" and many others very frequently used .
I request all music knowledgeable peole to contribute as much as possible to this thread giving the best, accessible, legible, understandable definitons for various terms like what I have mentioned above , giving apt examples from FM, it can be from Hindi, Tamil or, any language. Let us pursue music with an onus of educating ourselves.

I request Nithin, Udhaya, Srikanth, Srinath and others to jump into this fray and enlighten , the lesser knowledgeable people on the various aspects of TECHNICAL TERMINOLOGY in music.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments