newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

<b>Harris Jayaraj's <i>Experiments with different voices</i>-Will it work?</b> Harris Jayaraj's Experiments with different voices-Will it work?

Topic started by Jay (@ 203.124.234.164) on Fri May 2 01:37:47 EDT 2003.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

While A R Rahman seems to be experimenting with different kind of music, Harris seems to be experimenting with different voices right from Minnale.

In Minnale he re-discovered; Bombay Jayasri, Timmy, Harish Raghavendra, Devan, Thippu, Mahalakshmi, Roop Kumar Rathod, and female lyricist Thamarai.
In 12B; he re-discovered; KK, introduced Prashanthi, Febi, Samantha Edward, Premji and Sunitha Rao.
In Majnu, Roop Kumar Rathod (Hindi Ghazal Singer).
In, Samurai; Nithyasree attemped a different kind of song she usually doesn't sing (Oru Nadhi..) and Thushara, Shwetha Shetty (Hindi Pop Singer).
In Laysa Laysa; he gave a beautiful song to Anuradha Sriram, who was stuck up with the O Podu!. Also introduced singers; Suchitra, Ramadurai, Madhumitha, Srilekha Parthasarathy and Franko.
In Saami; a new singer called, Mahati, who sang Pudhichirukku..
In Kaaka Kaaka; he again brough in KK, who was missing after singing for Ajith's Red. KK is quite successful in Bollywood, and has also sung two songs for Saathiya (Hindi Alaipayuthey) and also Harris introduced new singers, Suchitra, Sunitha Sarathy, Febimani.

Harris has to be appreciated for this experimentation. But, I think these voices don't really appeal for a Tamil Song. Their voices appear to be more westernised and I feel the Tamil audience cannot remember their names and songs that long and digest them and the song life seems to be less. Well, time will answer that question. What has TFM Forum has to say about these one film wonder singers introduced by Harris Jayaraj now-a-days?

No comparision between ARR and HR music here please, lots of threads are opened by Dinesh for that purpose.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments