newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

KM(1990) vs KM(2002) KM(1990) vs KM(2002)

Topic started by JJ (@ 65.69.58.197) on Wed Jul 24 12:49:05 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Kannathil Muthamittal portrayed the relationship between a mother and her adopted daughter. Keladi Kanmani is so different in many ways. But one cannot help comparing two movies. Keladi Kanmani was wonderfully casted. SPB, Radhika, Anju, Ramesh Aravind, Poornam Viswanathan, Srividhya. The music was from top of the drawer. It was so touching in every sense.
When i compare two movies i feel Keladi Kanmani made stronger impact in me than Kannathil Muthamittal. One reason is Vasanth's screenplay was gripping. Other thing is BGM.

Let me talk about BGM in keladi kanmani

Especially during the scene where Radhika talks to god in deaf and dumb language, SPB asks her after a conversation "Avanga unakku mattumdhan appa ammava". It was class act from class singer. The BGM of IR during that scene was spell binding.

Other scene is where Poornam and Srividhya flip through a marriage album of neighbour's daughter, the interlude of "varanamayiram" song was a master stroke. Throughout the movie the music was brilliant something which we cannot say about Kannathil Muthamittal. I expect opinion about this classic movies.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments