newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

THERE HAS BEEN NO SONG IN HISTORY TO BEAT THE SURREAL AND MAGICAL TONE OF THIS SONG IN POOVIZHI VAASALILAE... THERE HAS BEEN NO SONG IN HISTORY TO BEAT THE SURREAL AND MAGICAL TONE OF THIS SONG IN POOVIZHI VAASALILAE...

Topic started by Bhavna (@ 206.28.58.219) on Wed Jun 19 21:27:59 EDT 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

Hey guys..I know that whenever you think of poovizhi vaasalilae, you remember "chinna chinna roja poove", and totally forget the song I'm talking about even existed in the movie. It's "Paattu inge...ra pa pa..." Ring a bell? It's where Sathyaraj took the cute little kid to a bar and these three ladies in red were singing and dancing, and he joins in. But anyways, out of all the great A.R. Rahman (and others) songs I've heard, there's never been one that has touched my heart so much. This song has a tint of sadness through the heavy 70's beat, and malaysia vasudevan's voice is like...butter! It's so lovely..and the lady's (I think p. saiylaja??) voice is so intoxicating I can't even describe it. And this sad/intoxic tone fits in so well with the story. If anyone can ever make a song as good as this one, (which no one but maybe Illayaraja can do) I owe them my soul! No one other than Illayaraja can do 70's disco/getting high/intoxic music- AR Rahman won't even try, cause he knows anyone other than his rival will fail at it.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments