newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

What's the deal with songs with nonsense words and kids? What's the deal with songs with nonsense words and kids?

Topic started by Bhoori (@ 209.157.48.1) on Thu Dec 12 15:24:07 EST 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

We live in SFO Bay area and recently got a Sun TV connection. One of the very first songs that we saw was from the movie "King" and the song goes "Acchu Vellam Paccharisi Vacchu Vacchu Atthai Magal Siricchale". My 4 year old daughter loves the gibberish interlude "Chilja Chilja Chilja" :-( (Anyone knows the singers, movie director, writer etc. for this song?)

In general, she seems to love songs like this. Eena Meena Deeka, Mera Naam Chin Chin Choo, Murgi Ka Murgi Ka Ande Ande are perennial favorites.
After noticing this trend, I tried "Jingala Jinga Jingala Jinga Jinga Hey Jingala Jinga Manaith Thedi Macchan Varap Poran" from Nadodi Mannan. It was such a huge hit with her that she started singing her own songs like "Appa Enakku Paal Kudu Kudu Hey Kudu Kudu" in the same tune. Lot of fun, for sure.

This enjoyment seems to be true of several other small kids (around 5) that I know. Is this a universal trait? Anybody else feel this way?

Also, remember any other "silly" song? This seems to be the easiest way to get my daughter to talk in Tamizh.

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments