newtfmpage.com
Home   Forum   Wiki   Notes   Register   FAQ   Sitemap   About Us   Contact Us  

Authentic Number of SPB Songs: Help!! Authentic Number of SPB Songs: Help!!

Topic started by Shweta Sharma (@ 170.140.7.76) on Sun Feb 3 13:17:17 EST 2002.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

I am a North-Indian and an ardent fan of SPB, even before Ek Duuje Ke Liye hit the theaters... thanks to my friends who introduced me to this genius's music. Since then I have listened to many of his old and new Tamil and Telugu numbers.

This forum is extremely engaging (except of course when someone jumps to Tamil:) I guess I need to learn the language fast) I am glad I found this site.

SPB has sung so many songs (both film and non-film) in so many languages and must have surpassed the record of any singer in the world.

Yet there is no concrete database of all his songs available. (at least I haven't been able to locate it). Can anybody help?

Lata Mangeshkar is supposed to have sung over 40,000 songs. Is that true? If so, is there a database of her songs available too?

I hate it when the media doesn't question the dubious claims of the likes of Kumar Sanu of having sung the maximum no. of songs by a male singer!!! Come on, give me a break!

In the North, I do agree that there exists a bias towards South Indians as a whole (and the media is to blame too), because of which there's no awareness of the achievements of South Indian musicians such as Bala Subrahmanyam, Sushila and Janki and great music directors like Mahadevan and Ilya Raja. Raja's songs, interestingly were great hits in Hindi, albeit in their below-par shameless copied forms (by Anand-Milind). Rahman, thanks to Mani Ratnam's Roja was able to grab everyone's attention and continues to contribute to the new sound (which is now being increasinly aped by Anu Malik and his ghost-composer Ranjit Barot)!

Anyway, Like many others, i would like to know the true number of songs rendered by SPB as well as by Lata. It's high time somebody sets the 'record' straight!

Thanks
Shweta

Responses:

List all pages of this thread

Back to the Forum

Post comments