Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Jab Tak Hai Jaan | ARR | Shah Rukh | Yash Chopra

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman

Please, just stare at the name above for a few seconds... How do you feel now, at ease, relaxed? I hope so!

“Ar-Rahman” means the exceedingly compassionate, the exceedingly beneficent and the exceedingly gracious in Arabic. “Ar-Rahman” is also the first amongst the ninety-nine names of God (Allah) in the Holy Qur’an, not that it makes any difference to what I’m going to write ahead. Well, does it, you decide?!

A.R. Rahman or Rahman Ji (as I and many other devotees address him) must feel really irritated at the fact there are so many aspiring Music Directors (MDs) who want to be just like him.

It is not hard to follow the path lead by him: Have faith in God, stay humble and most importantly choose love and for aspiring MDs: Be inspired (please don’t copy), hence be original and believe in yourself.

Here we have a MD, who has no option but to change his style with every release due to so many clones emerging out of nowhere but IMO he would be doing so anyway regardless of clones being present or not because he has been a risk taker from day one. Or maybe he changes his style so that others will follow and reinvent themselves too. We don’t need to ask the real torchbearer of music to stand up. Here is man who has conquered the world and with the rate of technological advancements he will also be popular amongst extraterrestrials (OK, maybe not). He started off with fusion in his career (sorry, as I know some hate this term) and also has been sticking to all the conventions of popular genres, such as Classical, Waltz, Folk, Jazz, Rock, Latino, Electronic, Carnatic, Qawwali, Bhajan, and Bhangra, to name a few but the list is never ending, thus proving he isn’t in the scene only to follow the directors note but also to push himself to experiment even within his musical confinements. Composing the norm to any musical genre is rather boring but the way he experiments and improvises on already set examples makes you feel the love he has for music.

He is so humble that he doesn’t utter any criticisms against his detractors and clones and so lets his music do the talking in hope that those who want to be like him will also change their style and provide new sounds. We already have a few MDs following this standard.
    So he has indirectly been teaching so many via the nuances put forth in his own material.

When you have passion for your work, then there is no competition and it is just about giving yourself and others joy. Once in a lifetime composer and I’m happy that his music has penetrated from my ears to my blood stream to my mind to my soul.

I salute this living legend that was, is and will probably continue to be a door to the world of music!

That said, we can now proceed with our opinions on “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” when it releases. Just a humble request to keep the discussions sensible please.

Thank you and Happy listening

Sunil Malhotra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    JAB TAK HAI JAAN: A landmark music is awaited!

DIL SE, GURU, RAVAN, DILLI 6, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, etc, the Rahman-Gulzar combo has always worked magic. The maestro’s spellbinding melodies and the master craftsman words has worked together in tandem and created music that has been loved by all. So when the two came together to create music for king of romance, SRK’s then untitled project, directed by none other than veteran director Yash Chopra , naturally expectations rose sky high.

For the uninitiated, it was us way back during last December (2011) when we had informed our patrons about the first song of the now titled, JAB TAK HAI JAAN. It was confirmed by none other than Gulzar Sahab himself who had revealed that they had already finalised the first song and that Yash Chopra is ecstatic with the result.

Even though the first song promo has not yet been revealed, but when we saw the superb promo of JTHJ, unleashed to tumultuous response, just a few days back, we could hear some scintillating music that accompanied the wonderful, yet simple to comprehend poetry narrated by lead actor, Shah Rukh Khan.

The soothing and highly refreshing background notes of ‘santoor’, the folk instrument of Jammu & Kashmir, is adding to the air of romance.

Just to inform our patrons, Pandit Shiv Prasad Sharma, the exponent of ‘santoor’, who has worked with Yash Chopra (along with Hari Prasad Chaurasia, as Shiv-Hari), in films like SILSILA, CHANDNI, LAMHE, DARR etc and enthralled music lovers all over the world with some classy works (though the composer here is Rahman). And since a major portion of JTHJ has been shot extensively in Kashmir we do expect some lovely refreshing music, courtesy ‘santoor’.

One can also hear contemporary, modern music with violin, guitar and other western instruments in the background, that sets up the highly charged drama to perfection and it’s an insight for wonderful things to come.

Well, let’s just wait for ‘the’ day when the album of JAB TAK HAI JAAN releases, as per sources in the first week of next month, and we are sure that the audio will surely meet the humongous expectations of the audience!

http://www.bollywoodtrade.com/trade-...ited/index.htm

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is official. Jab Tak Hai Jaan music releasing on Oct 6. 10 more days to go...
    -------------------------------------------------
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshmehcnit View Post
    It is official. Jab Tak Hai Jaan music releasing on Oct 6. 10 more days to go...
    Whooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!!! Thanks Suresh
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    wah... good news...
    finally something to keep us busy...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever gets the info, PM the download link pls (CD will be ordered for home - Promise )
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    enakum oru parcelll pls..not easy to get hindi albums here
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Challa Labda Phire - my expectations

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/...e-release.html
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Super it is
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loving the challa song, listened to it tens of time already. Fabulous guitar work. Rabbi's voice doesn't suit SRK at all. The voice and sing/acting comes through as so disjointed to me.

Sureshmehcnit - most of your guesses are true well done buddy!
    Last edited by brigs; 1st October 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast