Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Bhagyaraj’s son is hero of ‘Sakkarakatti’

‘Parijatam’ featuring Bhagyaraj’s daughter Sharanya in her debut role has been completed but is yet to see daylight. When such is the case, Bhagyaraj is planning to launch his son Santanu as hero. When he was a young boy, Santanu has acted with his father in ‘Vettiya Mudichukattu.’

‘Sakkarakatti’ that will launch Santanu as hero is being produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu for V Creations. The film is to be directed by another film heir, Kalaprabhu, the son of Thanu. The story is very simple. A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’

Shibi and Ishita are the two young beauties from Mumbai who will star with Santanu. Like any typical formula film, the hero has 4 chums to indulge him and duets will be shot abroad. Happy news is, the globe trotting composer A R Rehman has agreed to compose music for ‘Sakkarakatti.’ Clap Clap

When Thanu produced ‘Kaaka Kaaka,’ ‘Thotti Jaya’ and ‘Sachein, Kalaprabhu learnt the rudiments of direction from directors Gautam Menon, Durai and John respectively. The shooting for ‘Sakkarakatti’ is expected to start on May 3.

S Thanu is an ardent supporter of MDMK. Bhagyaraj is a DMK supporter and at every possible opportunity on the dais, he tears apart Vaiko, the leader of MDMK. The fathers may be at political loggerheads, but the heirs will work together on the professional front.

The film is indeed going to be a ‘Sakkarakatti’!

For news and the updates related to this movie which has music by our Gurunaathar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sakkarakatti by ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna
    A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’
    This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by njv
    A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’
    This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.
    Atleast he's getting offers, and not retired (And i'm not thinking about Ilayaraja )
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rashid2raj
    Atleast he's getting offers, and not retired (And i'm not thinking about Ilayaraja )
    12 movies in last 3 months - you call it retired, I call it slowing down. - I am talking about Illayaraja.

I guess you guys will be happy with whatever shit coming out. be happy. enjoy guys.
    Musical Tsunami - On Feb 23, 2013 @ Prudential Center, NJ - Maestro Ilayaraja Live - First time in USA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

12 movies in last 3 months - you call it retired, I call it slowing down. - I am talking about Illayaraja.

I guess you guys will be happy with whatever **** coming out. be happy. enjoy guys.
    Well, how many out those 12 movies were hits??? Face the truth! Ilayaraja is not getting any big movies..
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, how many out those 12 movies were hits??? Face the truth! Ilayaraja is not getting any big movies..
    Define big movies. The only big movie that ARR now has is Shivaji. If Rajni is big here, Mohanlal is big in MFM, so does Dilip, so does Amitabh, so does RGV, so does KH, so does Bala.

You just didnt get my point. I want ARR to not do this movie and go for something big, but instead ARR is doing this silly project which will take him now where, the mistake that IR has done, now ARR doing.

Like I said before, if you guys are happy, enjoy.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

njv I think you don't know much of Tamil Cinema. Do you think only big budget movies can be successful ? Look at Arindhum Ariyamalun, Kadhal, Chittirem Pesuthadi or Thiruttu Payale. People like movies with different story line. I think A.R.Rahman can be as good in Sakkaraktti as YSR was in AA.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    baba, what njv was referring here was different storyline and not about big budget movies.
    For sakkarakatti it looks like a ordinary story while AA, Kaadhal got something different which not seen in Tamil before...
    As correctly said by njv as long as ARR fans are happy it's fine

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle
    baba, what njv was referring here was different storyline and not about big budget movies.
    For sakkarakatti it looks like a ordinary story while AA, Kaadhal got something different which not seen in Tamil before...
    As correctly said by njv as long as ARR fans are happy it's fine
    How did u guys jump to the conclusion that the movie would be anotheer ord tamil lick

Kaathal had a beautiful screenplay so did AA....

This movie can also have, wjho knows...

When some one can compose music for Rajkiran (hero) movies.... there is nothing wrong in ARR composing songs for new comers....[/i]
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i guess that someone had given more hits with newcomers than the other someone..i hope someone accepts that!!!!

Page 1 of 141 1231151101 ... LastLast