Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Director Vishnuvardhan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram
    விஷ்ணுவர்த்தன்-யுவன் கூட்டணி என்றால் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்தது பட்டியல் தான்.

போகப் போக பூமி விரிகிறதே

beautiful song...
    OM NAMASIVAYA

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber mareen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sarvam music was awsome.

YSR is awsome!
    Supports VJ's new beginning

Oru Nal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEZLrR9jfUc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV
    Quote Originally Posted by great
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Meaning.. Sarvam didn't even have the rocking numbers that VV-Yuvan combo used to give..
    Sarvam had the best number, even better than vv previous movie.
    +1
    +1
    +2

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Adada Vaa (Illayaraja)
    Kaatrukullai (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
    Neethane (Yuvan Shankar Raja)
    Siragugal (Javed Ali, Madhushree)
    Sutta Suriyane (Vijay Yesudas)
    Theme Music (Instrumental)

Vocal Massacre! Appa (wrong choice), Pulla (has a nasal blockage & he took 2 songs?), Javed Ali & Madhushree (Tamizh kolai) & the other VY is nothing but a substandard pattiyal - kuthu song. Disappointment written all over considering their previous hits. I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Director Vishnuvardhan I am anticipating a day to hear AA's(my fav) is also ripped off from one of those Far East gangster movies. Punnagai poo Geetha has a share.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scale,

Exactly my thoughts!!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale

I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.

Pattiyal stands tall and Billa too.....sarvam, pretty much not in my books
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scale
    Vocal Massacre! Appa (wrong choice), Pulla (has a nasal blockage & he took 2 songs?), Javed Ali & Madhushree (Tamizh kolai) & the other VY is nothing but a substandard pattiyal - kuthu song. Disappointment written all over considering their previous hits. I wish to revisit AA or Pattiyal anyday but Sarvam never, horrific! Remorselessly this was hyped as album of the year.
    Oh well, then this means you're not complaining about the compositions itself, but your problem are the singers, right? Then I expect, you would love the Telugu version of the album, since there IR and son have been replaced by Ranjith and Haricharan, appadi thaane? Just because of the singers, an album becomes a disappointment, idhu edhO "nondi saakku" pOla thOnuthu. Your argument doesn't sound convincing anyway, since their previous hits, which you would revisit anyday, also have these voices. In Pattiyal also, Yuvan has sung 2 songs, in AA one, in Pattiyal IR has crooned a similar number like Adada Vaa, AA has northies Mahua Kamat and Anushka Manchanda singing 2 songs, appa good, ippa horrific-a? Songs kEtteengala, illa tracklist and singer names paarthu ippadi mudivukku vanthueengala?

Even I agree partly, Siragugal was killed by the two singers, Yuvan (his voice is amazing, his singing not always!) was not that good in Kaatrukkulle, but that doesn't stop me from listening to the tracks again and again. And IMO, it deserved the tag "Best album of the year", I don't know which other album does. I can only say, I feel so sad for all people who can't like these songs, they're missing something.

Post Thanks / Like
    nondi sakka? What are you trying thrusting upon others opinion to like it.

When I said that its horrific to revisit it means everything. Inspite of YSR and other singers singing those songs in AA & Pattiyal they are very trendy, instantly likeable which is not in case of Sarvam tune/orchestration/sound wise the album certainly lacks that punch & absolutely no longevity. Infact all YSR-VV fits in one container pop-kuthu-remix not much variety tho. I am a keen observer of YSR's incessantly used remix works & ludes in VV songs. In that sense Namma Kaatula > Adada, Theepidika > Sutta Suriyana, Konjam Konjam > Siragugal & YSR other songs > YSR Sarvam songs.

We are not missing anything only you are going overboard to call it as album of the year Naan Kadavul, Nandhalaala, Aanantha Thaandavam, VKK & the least impressive Ayan beats Sarvam fair & square.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I want to check is the lyrics of Sarvam (no great shakes I believe) and there is this unexpected VA's-Vettaikaaran to hunt it down both music & lyricwise.

YSR vocals in Sarvam is the biggest letdown where the tune is slow, much more romantic and needed some powerful rendition you see the difference yourself en kannodu/kannai vittu & sarvam songs.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast