Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1501

Thread: || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR |Gautham Menon | Simbhu ||

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Ajay,
    Thalaivar spoke for a very short time. Referring to Gautham's compliment that it was pullarichufying that 50 years ago He said regarding Gautham's compliments ("50 years ku munnadi start camera action sollumbodhu irundhaaru" etc) that "engalukku innum andha pull arikkaradhunaaladhaan innum ingaye suthitrukkom. Simbuvum chinna vayasulerndhe nadikka arambichuttaaru..... Isai, adhukkagathaan naama inga vandhirukkom. Ellathukkum vaazthugal" something like that..
    Thanks for sharing,Bala. I was waiting to see kamal's speech but couldn't manage to do it... Need to check youtube...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having had a chance to listen to the "unplugged" versions of the songs again tonight on TV in the launch function, I guess my initial opinions remain unchanged. Aromale kicks ass and the title track is pretty good too. Hosanna might become popular but it wont be my pick. I was waiting to see who Alfonse was and how was he going to sing this on stage. He just nailed it, while playing the guitar.Impressive find.
    Rahman said it was a "quirky" album and those were exactly my first impressions too . Quite experimental, this. The two classic-rock inspired songs worked for me initially and I guess after a couple more listens no other song has grown on me. Aromale alone is enough to put most other Gautam Menon soundtracks done earlier, to shame. I am not confident that GM will know how to shoot these songs. Let's see.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, picturising Aaromale would have been a challenge to Gautham. But i suspect ARRR would be using that song as BGM, like we saw in the trailer, without being seperately picturised.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik)
    Then it must have been Mannippaya? Rendume innum sila pala thadava kekkanum pola irukku... first listen la Aaromale and VTV impressed..
    Listen to manippaaya...If you like very slow melodies(soul stirrers), you will like this song.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Except omanapenne the rest all are pretty basic ARR tunes. Usually he keeps a mysterious layer which catches the listener by surprise and he keeps listening to it and again and again and gets hooked on. But this one seems to be a dull one.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber thineshan54321's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramk1
    Except omanapenne the rest all are pretty basic ARR tunes. Usually he keeps a mysterious layer which catches the listener by surprise and he keeps listening to it and again and again and gets hooked on. But this one seems to be a dull one.
    thats an oxymoron...
    Music is Peace

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramk1
    I dunno what to infer..But one common trend which I noticed. For all these people who dismiss this album ina single line saying pretty normal stuff, usual stuff etc. a click on their name and looking at their previous post, most of them are in some IR forums.

Personally I think we should take it as a good sign. I have a feeling this is going to be big album of this year.

Senior Member Regular Hubber sha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    im loving this,,, minimal instuments with sreeni,, Wintage Rahman stuff ( apart from that blazee s**t)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't want to post anything on VTV till I've had the satisfaction of savoring the whole beauty of the soundtracks.

To describe the album in one word: Phenomenal!

I just couldn't decide which track I loved the most! In fact, I've been listening to this album for the umpteenth time now but till today, I've never once been tempted to skip any of the tracks. Each and every one of them are amazing and magical on their own.

Omana Penne gives a blissful feeling everytime I hear it. Benny Dayal brings forth a freshness in the song through his soothing voice.The Malayalam piece and Kalyani's wonderful voice is definitely a plus point here. Very unique and astounding use of nadaswaram! Hats off to ARR for bringing the sheer beauty of the classical instruments to life!

Anbil Avan was a remarkable blend of techno and traditional music. The marriage tunes gives a divine feel to the song while the right balance of percussion keeps the track contemporary without losing the essence of the lyrics.

Vinnaithandi Varuvaya relies heavily on string arrangements and ARR proves that he can bring out the splendor of a song even without the support of heavy musical instruments. Karthik did a wonderful at the vocals by giving a mystical effect to the title number.

Hossana proves that Vijay Prakash is no "one-time" wonder. The initial rendition of "yen idhayam..." was enchanting and the startling transformation to the fast pace enhances the exquisiteness of the number. Suzanne's lovely humming gives an added beauty to the song while Blaaze's rap is just too cool!

Kannukul Kannai started with an astonishing violin works. And man, was that Naresh Iyer? Amazing transformation in his voice. He literally brought out the frustration of a lover through his hard-beating singing. Ganesh Rajagopalan's violin feast at the interludes keeps lingering in your ears long after the song ends.

ARR's brilliance in churning out an unconventional melody with a touch of divinity is evident in Manipaya. This is a song which conveys a young damsel's wish of seeking forgiveness from her lover (a first in the world??). And who's better to bring out the grief and anguish of the guilt-stricken lover than Shreya Ghosal? Her heart-breaking rendition would even melt a stone-hearted person. ARR does justice to his part. His soulful singing gives the song an added boost! The addition of Thirukural just took me by surprise! Exquisite piece of work!

Aaromale rocks its way to our heart! Thank you ARR for discovering the talented Alphonse! This guy is just magnificent!
    Blending rock with indian music is no easy task and ARR does it with elan...In fact, I'm still in awe with this magical composition. Truly, sky is the limit to the genius called ARR!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.