Being Rahman’s nephew is hard: G.V. Prakash
Kaanchan [October 13, 2009, 10:04:47 PM]
G.V. Prakash, who is working night and day on the rerecording of the much-anticipated Aayirathil Oruvan, admits that Selvaraghavan is quite a tough taskmaster! “Aayirathil Oruvan is surely going to be a brand new experience for audiences. Selvaraghvan knows how to extract the best in you. For him, you just have to give your 100%. I’m enjoying my work and am even happier that I will be also composing music for his next movie Malai Nerathu Mayakkam,” reveals the young musician.

Being A.R. Rahman’s nephew must have its perks, right? “That’s what people think. Everyone thinks because I’m Rahman’s nephew I have it easy. But that’s not true. It’s hard having that tagline, because people use it only to criticize my work. They say ‘He’s A.R. Rahman’s nephew, he could have done better. He should have done this or that extra for a certain song’ and so on. Like everyone else, I too look up to him and admire his work. But he is my uncle -- that will not suffice for me to make a name. Talent alone can do that,” asserts G.V. Prakash.