Post Thanks / Like
    Detailed review tomorrow. Just back from a tiring journey
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    The guy who comes @ 1.31 is thAndavan in Nan Kadavul right?
    Yes. The name is Rajendran. I was actually looking forward to seeing him in other films post NK.

Btw, interesting, very very yuvan-like music in the trailer.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kan Thakkudhe is superb First time when i listened, 'prelude' kEtta udanE mudivu pannitten that it will be catchy.

Paithiyam pudikkudhu is the best song What a melody. Had Yuvan stuck to original voice of Karthik, this song would have been remembered for a long time... Such a lovely melody it is... Wow... Yuvan has used 'auto tune' for full song. The 'feel' is completely missing coz of this Simply love the tune 'kElvi thaaLOdu un munnE nAn nirkka, kadhal thEvum alla'... Wow... Karthik's feel would have been amazing in this particular line... Sadly i'm missing it

En nenjil, sung by Sadhana. Just an Ok number. The tune is not Yuvan'ish... that violin interlude is cool! nalla irukku! Liking En nenjil better now. But longevity is a problem here, i think. Let's see.

Kuppathu Rajakkal reminds me of Goa theme track And the other Item number 'ullara poondhu' isn't good!

Overall, an OK album. But definitely expected something better from Yuvan!
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by viraajan
    The guy who comes @ 1.31 is thAndavan in Nan Kadavul right?
    Yes. The name is Rajendran. I was actually looking forward to seeing him in other films post NK.

Btw, interesting, very very yuvan-like music in the trailer.
    Yea. This trailer is good. Movie nalla irukum pola... pAkkalam....

BGM is very good
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Post Thanks / Like
    Have heard all songs. One of the worst albums that i have ever heard from yuvan.Not at all worthy. Didnt expected this type of work from yuvan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh prasanna is there and NK Thandavan, a naturally 8 pack man also

BTW listened songs two times

As of now my pick is En Nenjil sung by SS. En nenjil song is surprisingly sounds agmark Karthik Raja style especially the flute comes just before the saranams and the entire song . The song is very neat.

Thakkuthey Kan Thakkuthey by Yuvan, no it is not En Kadhal solla which is plain and straight. Pallavi is good.

Paithiyam pudikkuthey - i am confusing about this song what to say . Finally I can say 'bad in parts' (and vice-versa ). The parts do not mean the any duration, here.

Kuppathu Raajakkal is my second pick of this album. I simply like the "thagu thagu jigu ... hey machi vaa machi" which is just 'Yuvan thullal', unplugging

Ullara Poonthu song is so so and sounds like a TVP album song with slightly better saranams.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's exactly my thought on En Nenjil. That isn't Yuvan'ish. But I thought it was Vidyasagar styled melody.
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My picks are

Paithiyam ( YSR partially ruined this song by adding voice effect, sounds too much like a teenager.

Thaakkuthe (despite the simple rhythm and music its catchy a la YSR style.

The other three songs are below average.

Post Thanks / Like
    Baana Kaathadi is a quite decent album with at least two great songs and two good/ok ones.

Thakkuthe and Paithiyam pidikkuthe are simply fantastic. En nenjil is a quite good melody, though not perfect. I'm liking it as of now, second interlude is Next comes Kuppathu rajakkal, background music and that 'hey machi vaa machi' are the highlights, tune is not that well, but. And finally ullara poondhu...well, again orchestration and interludes superb, but it's not quite appealing.

Overall two songs standing out, with another two making for a good listen (at the moment).

Post Thanks / Like
    From Milliblog:

Thaakkudhey & Paithiyam pudikkudhu – Baana (Tamil – Yuvan Shankar Raja)
    Yuvan has this predictable way of sucking you in his honey-coated melodies – they all sound the same after 10 listens, but never, ever cease to surprise you by how addictive they can get. Paiya’s ‘Thuli thuli’ was an example and so was ‘En kaadhal solla’. Thaakkudhey is in a similar vein, only a bit faster than usual….and ‘thakkudhu’ it does! Paithiyam pudikkudhu has Karthik sounding quite strange, but as a tune, along with it’s haunting arrangements, this is yet another Yuvan victory.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/05/...ns-april-2010/
    ---

யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast