View Poll Results: What did you think of the movie & use of songs?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent!

19 76.00%
  • Average. :

4 16.00%
  • |Too many songs/ poorly utilised. ;(

2 8.00%
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: || Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya | ARR | Gautham Menon || - Part 2

Post Thanks / Like
    VTV - Is it a Da Vinci Code of GVM?

It seems like his life story. Even in Varanam ayiram, the hero search for his girl when she leaves him and they did not get together. Based on VTV scripts, the scene where Simbu says see my first film and at the end see my 2nd film to get the answer- doest that reflect to Minnale and Kakka Kakka.( reema sen also a christian gal and she doest not agree to marry abbas on her wedding day ) is it a coincidence. In Kakka Kakka, Jo is a Malayalee... I beleive it is a real story and i may be GVM own story... i dunno but this movie makes me to revisit Minnale, KK and VA. Even VTV is an extended version og VA loave between Surya and Sameera..it's almost the same , only the presentation is different... or maybe to much of thinking....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    GM is back with HJ for his Kakka Kakka hindi, nice to hear, but we miss a good director.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Padam nalla irukku.

Nethu naanum en friends rendu perum padathai paathom. They too liked the film. Padam nalla irunduchu. simbhu nalla nadichirukaaru. Andha cameraman character romba sooper. first half la avarum simbhuvum vara scenes ellam romba funnyaa irunduchu. Trishavum nalla nadichirundhaanga. Nice to see a self deprecating humor dialog by gowtham menon in his own film( Yaru andha tamil padathula englees la pesiyae padam eduparae andha directoraa). The first half was thorughly enjoyable.

Second half was good too. Songs were enjoyable and bgm was good. Good usage of supporting characters, well acted by simbhu and trisha. I believe this is GM's finest film. Nice to see ravikumar being used in this film.

P.S:
    Hey yaarappa adhu tamil-la nalla padamae varardhillannu solrardhu.

Me : Adhu naan illeenga .

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer
    Padam nalla irukku.

Nethu naanum en friends rendu perum padathai paathom. They too liked the film. Padam nalla irunduchu. simbhu nalla nadichirukaaru. Andha cameraman character romba sooper. first half la avarum simbhuvum vara scenes ellam romba funnyaa irunduchu. Trishavum nalla nadichirundhaanga. Nice to see a self deprecating humor dialog by gowtham menon in his own film( Yaru andha tamil padathula englees la pesiyae padam eduparae andha directoraa). The first half was thorughly enjoyable.

Second half was good too. Songs were enjoyable and bgm was good. Good usage of supporting characters, well acted by simbhu and trisha. I believe this is GM's finest film. Nice to see ravikumar being used in this film.

P.S:
    Hey yaarappa adhu tamil-la nalla padamae varardhillannu solrardhu.

Me : Adhu naan illeenga .
    glad u took time off from ur weld movies and liked this tamil movie ....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Detective Ajith
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 01, 2010]

Unperturbed with the controversy over his speech on February 6 and the ¡®Asal¡¯ box office reports which followed, Ajith is on the fast track to start his 50th film. Ajith has broken his silence after the CM came to his rescue and announces his milestone film.

What you know is Ajith's 50th film will be produced by Dhayanithi Alagiri and directed by Goutham Menon. What you don¡¯t know is the title of the film.

We come to know that the title for Thala's 50th film is 'Thuppariyum Anand' (Detective Anand). A R Rahman- Goutham team will rock once again in the new film.

You can expect the official announcement anytime from now.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Detective Ajith
    IndiaGlitz [Monday, March 01, 2010]

Unperturbed with the controversy over his speech on February 6 and the ¡®Asal¡¯ box office reports which followed, Ajith is on the fast track to start his 50th film. Ajith has broken his silence after the CM came to his rescue and announces his milestone film.

What you know is Ajith's 50th film will be produced by Dhayanithi Alagiri and directed by Goutham Menon. What you don¡¯t know is the title of the film.

We come to know that the title for Thala's 50th film is 'Thuppariyum Anand' (Detective Anand). A R Rahman- Goutham team will rock once again in the new film.

You can expect the official announcement anytime from now.

Wow!!! Thats good news..Detective stories are very rare in Tamil and one hopes that this project will take off..Rahman-GVM combo will surely rock...The subject is sure to bring the best out of ARR. Hmmm lets see if this news by Indiaglitz is whether true or not?

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the movie over the weekend.. Excellent movie.. Still drooling over the technical brilliance in the movie.... First off great work by Manoj paramahamsa and Gowtham... The BGM and cinematography is what keeps the movie moving after a while when the story and screenplay is dragging.. This has to be one of ARR's best BGM.. The haunting Aaromale opening piece can be heard a few times.. Then comes the humming of Vinnai thaandi varuvaaya throughout the movie.. The songs were all well picturized and has a GM stamp on it with a group of 4-5 ppl dancing.. I think Aaromale and mannippaya were shot pretty well.. Also, looking at the lyrics of Mannipaya and having listened to it N+1 number of times, you feel that it would be a song when there is a separation between the two or when they hit a roadblock.. I felt that the song came in at a odd situation..

one of the better climaxes I've seen in Tamil movies recently.. I'm probably watching it again just to put more focus on BGM... Its a must watch for ARR fans and for ppl who've experienced love..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw the film yesterday. First time in a long time I'm came back from the cinema, after seeing a Tamil film, feeling fulfilled. The story is simple but effective and the acting is top notch. Best performance by Simbhu in..err..for ever! Trisha's done an equally appreciable job. I didn't know she could act too! Plus she was easy on the eyes in those sarees.

ARRs songs were utilised exceptionally well. None of the songs felt unwanted or out of place. I particularly liked the picturisation of Omana Penne. I think it was the story running alongside the nadheswaram bits that did it for me. The nadheswararam was the PERFECT instrument there. I got goosebumps!

*Spoiler* Another point in the movie where the song heightens the emotions was when Karthik sees Jessie in America and Aromale's Swasthi Swasthi Su Muhurtham chant comes on. I think there was some additional guitar sounds too. Just great!
    *End of spoiler*

There was only one BGM that kind of annoyed me. "Jessie's driving me crazy!!!" It made me cringe in my seat! Apart from stating the obvious, I really don't see the point of putting lyrics to that BGM. The rock sounds would've worked really well in those particular scenes without it.

The Hosanna BGMs reminded me a lot of Latika's theme. Very similar sounds but ofcourse they work equally well here!

*Spoiler* Nice twist at the end too. Was it necessary? I don't know. I would've been just as happy if they finished it on a high at "Anbil avan" especially after the stand-out scene between Jessie and Karthik on the bench. Stellar performances by both Simbhu & Trisha. *End of spoiler*

Gautham's best film for me.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yathu

And for the review, Thiru Please post here often.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast