Page 12 of 127 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~ Gadgets - Performance, Looks, Apps, Hottest Models ~~

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN
    does that mean iphone will not be compatible for mp3 format
    iPhone can play mp3 (like iPod / iPad). One connects to the PC on USB to "sync" with iTunes and such stuff.

(I'm not very clear about this whole thingy - as all this playing around is done by my 17 yr old and I personally do not venture into such. Nerd's posts are authentic unlike my second hand ones)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks app annEh
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing, the boys (my son / classmates) are mostly Apple fans and feverishly talk about how they did "jail-break" their iPhones / iPads etc.

Initally I was worried as to whether these are getting into some illegal stuff. Questioned them about it and apparently it could at the max jeopardize Apple's warranty agreement but not violating any state laws. ("jail-breaking" enables one to get apps on the Apple device cheaply or freely from anywhere, otherwise apps had to be bought at higher prices from Apple / its auth sources it seems)

I was relieved.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nerd

You mentioned iphones are only compatible with itunes, does that mean iphone will not be compatible for mp3 format
    What I meant was you have to have the iTunes software installed to upload/download music, contacts, videos, pictures etc from/to the iPhone. Once you have that software (which is free of course) you can do the synch in windows/mac etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks Nerd
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd

Nerd

You mentioned iphones are only compatible with itunes, does that mean iphone will not be compatible for mp3 format
    What I meant was you have to have the iTunes software installed to upload/download music, contacts, videos, pictures etc from/to the iPhone. Once you have that software (which is free of course) you can do the synch in windows/mac etc.
    though i have not used iphone i think the following is correct:-

if you buy an iPhone in US, there are high chances that you subscribe a 3G DataPlan which you can use to browse internet and check mails. So in the case of iPhone and iPad, once you connect to internet, you can download content directly from itunes to your device, without a PC. Whereas if you want to transfer your own photos videos or music, from PC, then itunes is the only way to put them to your iPhone

As 3G is available in India, as of now only BSNL, you can connect your iPhone to internet, in India too. By this year end, most of the other players too will offer 3G. Even otherwise, GPRS (somewhat faster nowadays) will work.

In US, the whole country has public-paid Wi-Fi Network(i think GPRS is out of date )Now, this is coming in India too, test drive starting in Bangalore this year
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    www.zoho.com A good site with a free unlimited email storage with unlimited POP accounts combined with a host of other cloud based products..

The realization of happiness happens only after experience of pain.

If we desire to blossom like a flower in the garden of life,
    Then we must learn the art of adjusting our life with the thorns!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ZOHO is kinda alternative for google office. quite popular among corporates, those on the move etc
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    This touch screen mechanism on Apple iphones, is it good? I mean what if you get scratches on the screen? And does it come with a ‘pen’??

I personally find them annoying

Post Thanks / Like
    This touch screen mechanism on Apple iphones, is it good? I mean what if you get scratches on the screen? And does it come with a ‘pen’??

I personally find them annoying

No "pen" or sharp pressure for iPhone - actually, the touchscreen in phenomenal!

It won't function properly if you use your "nails" - I believe it works on thermal sensing and only "simple touch" will work

The only complaint I've ever heard about iPhones is the battery time - which is not an issue if one has a habit of plugging it to the power outlet each night.

Apple's touchscreen is "touch wood"