• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%
Page 309 of 347 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3468

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Vinod for all the details. Looks like a big and dedicated effort from you. Thanks for the original sample, will listen in the evening. Keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinodkumar View Post
    All that hard work is paid off when you sit in front of the system and listen to the music.. Its very personal. Its like a concert being performed just for you...
    Well said! I can imagine that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    adEngappa! some dedication you've got, Vinod! :Poraamai:
    Thanks KV...

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Vinodkumar, Whoa Whoa, 450 CDs !! Thala suthifying! Kindly upload ulterior sounding bits whenever u find time, the ones which we have heard but still didn't get hold of the hidden unheard pure sound quality!

One doubt, how do you take an already downsampled 16bit/44.1KHz and resample it to 24bit/88KHz?!? Or i understood wrong? Passing a soung to DAC will increase its quality?!? Enna pOttOmO athu thaane varum?!
    SKV... I will do my best to list them..As far as the upsampling goes, you are correct that the CD format is 16/44.1. By upsampling it to 24/88 khz( its double the sampling rate), it is not going to extract anything new. What you hear is what you get. The big difference is that the DSP in some of the DAC's do perform better at higher sample rates. As a result, the song will be transparent (I guess separation of instruments...?) in some DAC's. Again, it depends on the DAC. If the signal source is not a good one, then the output will be terrible (all the abnormal sounds can be heard obviously). Since I play them though a Software Player, this Player has the ability to play the song in INTEGER/DIRECT mode. This is nothing but when the CPU does the calculation it will perform the calculation in INTEGER mode instead of FLOAT mode (again I do not have much knowledge in this area). As a result, less CPU resources are used which results in the sound quality being DAY (song played in ITEGER mode) and NIGHT (original CD version) difference. Again not all DAC's are INTEGER/DIRECT mode capable. You need a player which supports INTEGER/DIRECT mode and you need a DAC which can handle INTEGER mode. The quality of such songs are way better than the original ACD. I hope I'm not confusing people here... The sample from Selvi was recorded with that mode enabled. Since 44.1 * 2 = 88.2 (its multiples of 2) and so, the CPU takes the 44.1 upsamples tto 24/88.2 and feeds the DAC (since its upsample of 2, there is less CPU processing and so the sound quality is exceptional). The DAC sets its sample rate to match the sample rate sent by the MAC which then perform its Digital-to-Analog-Conversion and feeds the PREAMP and then to AMP and the SPEAKER's. *Now, this is for the CD... just think about the Vinyl... Since it has the spectrum range beyond the CD, people tend to record them in DSD/DXD mode (that is 64 times the 44.1khz). This way, you preserve the entire spectrum of Vinyl as is. Several Record Labels do preserve them in this format which can then be down samples to what ever format you need. If you compare the SELVI sample of both MP3 and the AIFF format, it will be difficult to figure out the difference with a normal computer headphones. You would need a good quality one to figure out the difference. *I hope I have not bored people on this topic...*

Vinod

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinodkumar, Superb, man! Onnum theriyaathunnu sollittE ivLO solreengaLe I understand it as "If the source taken, ACD, is of higher quality, then even if the DSP/DAC 'expands' the sound, it only leads in much superios qualit becos there is good separation of instruments, almost all sounds are slightly doubled in time slice, so that you hear superior quality. Since the system is doubling the existing source, if you pass a low quality audio, this process will make the resulting sound, much worser"

Thanks! Let us discuss this later once more, about the software and H/W you are using!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Vinodkumar, Superb, man! Onnum theriyaathunnu sollittE ivLO solreengaLe I understand it as "If the source taken, ACD, is of higher quality, then even if the DSP/DAC 'expands' the sound, it only leads in much superios qualit becos there is good separation of instruments, almost all sounds are slightly doubled in time slice, so that you hear superior quality. Since the system is doubling the existing source, if you pass a low quality audio, this process will make the resulting sound, much worser"

Thanks! Let us discuss this later once more, about the software and H/W you are using!
    Hi SKV.. My apologies for the delay..lt been a very busy weekend for me. Yes... you are correct with respect to quality. The DAC is the hardware part and the DSP is a plugin which is the software part which uses the DAC to process signal. I use MAC for audio and the hardware that I use is Metric Halo LIO DAC (which runs on MAC) and PureMusic player. I'm in the process of getting a DAC which can record in DSD/DXD. This also requires a software which can handle DSD/DXD. I will upload some songs which has good recording in the coming days..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ilayaraja's guitar, sax, strings masterpiece!

S.P.Bala with Janu!

வானெங்கும் தங்க விண்மீன்கள் விழியிமை மூட
    சூரியன் வந்து கடல் குளித்தேரும் நேரம்....
    கீழை வானமெங்கும் தீயின் ஓவியம்...
    கண்கள் போதை கொள்ளும் காலை காவியம்!
    கவிஞர் வைரமுத்து!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    happened to hear kuyilukkoru niram irukku song from Solla thudikkuthu manasu on some random channel...... it was a lovely song and infact all the songs from this movie were so awesome, solla thudikkuthu manasu, thenmozhi (a very underrated song i think, neverthless a sweet song), this song and the evergreen melody poove sempoove........ pity that this film is a utter waste of a movie....... one another movie which doesnt deserve a bit of the sweet songs that has been composed. AFAIK in TFM, IR has the longest list of such type of albums in his repertoire (awesome songs for gruesome movies)
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks subras for highlighting kuyilukkoru niram irukku. As K_G always tells, too much dependency on his music killed the creativity of many directors. They had an easy route to success without even putting their talent in front. We had a huge benefit atleast in terms of music, otherwise we would not be talking about 80s/90s anymore.
    Last edited by V_S; 26th September 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have uploaded more SRR bgm at soundcoud... Some of them, you might be hearing it for the first time. I hope you all enjoy... http://soundcloud.com/raja4ever/tracks

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinodkumar, I will immerse my soul to your playlist sometime soon!

1. செவ்வந்தி பூ முடிச்ச சின்னக்கா....பதினாறு வயதினிலே....மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் & சுஷீலா, chorus
    !
    Raja's early folk composition with claps, chorus, stream of violin & flute passage!
    joy has no bounds with early Ilayaraja's sangeetham!

bass guitar prelude with pattukku pattu for Janu's humming, scintillating violin, romantic flute for magical Bala & Janu's vocal humming pattukku pattu, PEN MAANE.... tabla rhythm delight from NAAN SIGAPPU MANIDHAN!

தேன்மழை நீ ஹோய்.......... மார்பிலே தூவவோ?
    தேவதை நீ ஹோய்............நான் தினம் தேடவோ?

கையருகில் பூமாலை கால்களின் கோபுரம்
    மைவிழியில் நீதானே வாழ்கிறாய் ஓர்புறம்...

singers get bass guitar & violin backdrop....

என்காதல் வானிலே பெண்மேக ஊர்வலம்
    காணுவேன் தேவியை கண்களின் விழாவில்....

யாத்திரை ஏன் ஹோய்....... ராத்திரி நேரமே?
    போர்க்களம் தான் ஹோய்......... பூக்களின் தேகமே...

தேகமழை நானாகும் தேதியை தேடுவேன்...
    ஈரவயல் நீயாக மேனியை மூடுவேன்...

Shri.S.P.Bala glides like a butter, smooth!
    Janumma is magical!

கண்ணோரம் காவியம் கைசேரும் போதிலே
    வானமும் தேடியே வாசலில் வராதோ?

3.கொள்கை காதல் பாடல்.... மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் & சித்ரா!

இதயமே நாளும் நாளும் காதல் பேசவா
    உதயமே நீயும் கூட வாழ்த்து பாடவா
    காதல் மனமே வாழ்க தினமே
    அன்பின் உறவே இன்றும் நமதே என்றும் நமதே
    இதயமே நாளும் நாளும் காதல் பேசவா ...

பல்லவி கிடார் strumming rhythm with dramatic வயோலின் hype the emotions ..
    Raja's bgm with புரட்சி வேகம் வயோலின் strings pouring, trumpet பிளீரிட chorus & bass கிடார்!

three compositions from my playlist while driving......

Vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 28th September 2012 at 01:57 AM.