Page 385 of 401 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385386387395 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,850 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kr View Post
    Thozhar: You may try to defend Rahman. But if you read the context he was painting IR as irrelevant. This is also his marketing positioning stating he is more relevant. You guys may fall for his false humility cloak that he puts on. He is a despicable person - terribly overrrated
    You are entitled to your opinion. But, have you ever pondered that perhaps you may be the one who is reading it out of context? Perhaps your hatred for Rahman is making you do that?

Rahman fans don't fall for his humility, false or otherwise. We love his music and that is what matters to us. He never needed any marketing, definitely not in his current position. His music takes care of that.

Re: overrated, again, you are entitled to your opinion. Everyone has one. But, I am sure Rahman will be disappointed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That defines our tastes - your loving his music - there is not much in common between us - I have been in Marketing (not sales) for 30 years and and am a Senior Vice President of Marketing in the US. So I know a little about Marketing. His whole existence is based on a carefully orchestrated positioning - he was launched on a Maniratnam platform when Maniratnam brand had built an equity of hipness. He carefully cultivated this prception of humitlity and tons of ignorant people fell for it aided by the media. However, it was so evident right from the start that it was a fake show if only people had the analytical capability to parse through the garbage he was throwing out. I couldnt care much about the ignorant bunch thinking that his music is great - thats your perspective. But ask that fake to not to mouth off against IR - thats what enrages me - that fake hasnt done much and he probably knows that. Thats why he resorts to these cheap attacks. What a despicable human being

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    First of all our media interviewers should be given a coaching class or training to ask the right question to a person. As Venkirram mentioned, the question posed to Rahman was not appropriate. He should not have asked any questions about Maestro, unless Rahman himself mentioned his name. Imagine if the interviewer had posed a similar question to Maestro about Rahman. It is a well known fact that both musicians have a different style of composing music and the output is different, although they don't like to refer or talk about their work. Can we demean KVM, Salil Choudhary and MSV's music? Just like Maestro's music, other musicians works are passed on through generations. Of course, time changes everything and that's true for everything in this world, be it music, movie stars, movies, art, etc. Rahman was answering the question based on how he saw the current music trend while Maestro would have given a different answer. No one really knows what's going on inside their mind. The fans should take things in its face value and continue to enjoy Maestro's endless music tunes. We don't care what someone commented on his music or legacy. As long as there are stupid media guys, we will continue to hear such nonsense from the press.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Rahman is entitled to believe tastes have changed and we don't live in the IR era anymore (and nevermind the Filmfare nomination for NEPV or the award for Ramya NSK for Sattru Munbu, right?). However, the statement that really caught my attention was the claim that there's nobody even in the villages who hasn't heard his music. Really? How can he be so sure about that? Has he really gone to each and every village to determine this? What is the need to make such tall, boastful claims about his popularity?

thozhar, speak for yourself. Maybe YOU don't care about whether ARR is humble or not, but I have repeatedly seen ARR fans sing eons to his humility and, usually, draw IR into an unfavourable comparison on this account even claiming IR ought to learn something from him. I will not countenance listeners presuming to have the standing to tell IR what to do and what not to do.

They can't change their tune now that it transpires that maybe ARR is not so humble after all. I have personally never attached importance to a person's media image as long as he is not racist or discriminatory. But I do derive a tiny bit of pleasure from watching the cookie crumble for some of these deluded fans.
    Last edited by crimson king; 21st December 2013 at 01:14 PM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That defines our tastes - your loving his music - there is not much in common between us - I have been in Marketing (not sales) for 30 years and and am a Senior Vice President of Marketing in the US. So I know a little about Marketing. His whole existence is based on a carefully orchestrated positioning - he was launched on a Maniratnam platform when Maniratnam brand had built an equity of hipness. He carefully cultivated this prception of humitlity and tons of ignorant people fell for it aided by the media. However, it was so evident right from the start that it was a fake show if only people had the analytical capability to parse through the garbage he was throwing out. I couldnt care much about the ignorant bunch thinking that his music is great - thats your perspective. But ask that fake to not to mouth off against IR - thats what enrages me - that fake hasnt done much and he probably knows that. Thats why he resorts to these cheap attacks. What a despicable human being
    On the subject of how ARR cultivates his image, one of the most amusing, ridiculous things I have seen is in a CNN interview where he pretends to search for the name of the synthesizer in front of him in his studio...you know, it's so damn hard for the genius to get out of his dreamy haze. Yeah, right, can't name the stuff he works with everyday for a living, who's he kidding. Have you ever seen Ilayaraja speak in anything but a crystal clear manner? One may or may not agree with his statements and he can sometimes be pretty disagreeable but he always appear to be sure in his mind of what he is saying. And that's the way I have seen most musicians speak about their craft. But ARR has to appear to be this dreamy rockstar, else his fans would be so disappointed if he was just like everybody else. I make this observation because ARR certainly didn't speak like that in an old Abdul Hamir interview from around 1994. THAT is probably his natural tendency and what he offers for public consumption these days is likely a put on.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The discussion started in "Raja fans - facebook" page regarding ARR reply in the kumudam interview.
    --------
    Appu Shiva -- I strongly condemn A.R.Rahman for lamenting that IR songs are no more hearable now and the people switched their likings. (Kumudam interview for a question IR songs are mostly heared in country side than his). We can understand his inner sense that how he respects a senior celebrity who is still No.1 in soulful music.
    Like · ·Stop Notifications · December 17 at 12:21pm near Al Kuwait
    5 people like this.
    .Agamendran Raju Oru. Sound. Engineerku. Isaiah pathi. Enna theriyumDecember 17 at 12:41pm via mobile ·
    Like.
    .Avinash Ramesh Its not mostly heard in the country "its in tamilnadu " ..December 17 at 1:07pm via mobile · Like.
    .Appu Shiva Avinash IR has more followers in AP and in Kerala too, he is been adjudged the best music director for 100 Years in Indian flim industryDecember 17 at 2:25pm · Like
    ..Avinash Ramesh Appu Shiva i said that with regards to the interview ..in the interview the interviewer asked IR's songs was mostly heard in interiors to tamilnadu he didnt ask with regards to country..December 17 at 3:00pm · Like.
    .Sam Paavendan Is that recent interview? I doubt he will say openly like this, Kumudam is known for twisting the facts.December 17 at 3:25pm · Like ·
    2..Nithiyanandan Nithi raja alwaz raja December 17 at 3:26pm · Like
    ..Venkatesh Anand Avan pechalam kekathinga..Viruthukku apparpattar nam aal avanoda compare pannathinga...avan pesuratha loosula vidunga....We are the king of music n God of musicDecember 17 at 4:11pm · Like · 1.
    .Arun Govindaswamy Lesser mortal's will remain so ..... What more can one expect .... Not worth a discussion .....December 17 at 5:27pm via mobile · Like · 1
    ..Anantha Padmanabhan Aravind Rahman was given Oscar, Sorry got Oscar for a movie which got dubbed in tamil and didnt run even for 3 days even after lot of "PUBLICITY". If he says no onlikes Raja, Please let him self introspect and tell What was his last Hit?He scores one or two movies a year and those arenot standing est of times, whereas Raja Sir Music is till appreciated.Kumudam does tis work beatifully for Increasing their Circulation.December 17 at 5:57pm · Like · 1.
    .Bhaskar NV Ivan vera mathiri....!!!!December 17 at 7:29pm · Like · 1.
    .Navin Mozart ரஹ்மான் ,"ராஜா காலத்து ரசனை மாறிவிட்டது என்கிறார்..""ராஜா இசையை யாரும் கேட்பதில்லை "என்று சொன்னதாக தெரியவில்லை.இரண்டிற்கும் நெறைய வேற்றுமை உள்ளது ...அதாவது ராஜா காலத்தில் மக்கள் நல்ல இசைரசனை உடையவர்களாக இருந்தனர் ...ஆனால் இன்று அந்த ரசனை இல்லை ...அவர்கள் ரசனை மாறிவிட்டது ...அதனால் அந்த காலத்தில் வந்த பாடல்களை போல் இப்போது போட்டால் ரசிப்பத்தற்க்கு ஆள் இல்லை என்கிறார்..இதையே தான் ராஜா தோணி படப்பாடல் வெளியீடு விழாவில் ...மலர்ந்தும் மலராத பாடல் போல் இப்போது விஜய் அஜித்துக்கு போடா முடியுமா ?போட்டால் கேட்பார்களா ?என்று கேட்டார்...அதுமட்டும் அல்ல எந்த ஒரு இசைஅமைப்பாளரரிடமும் போய் உங்கள் இசையை யாருமே கேட்பதில்லை என்று கூறினால் இந்த பதிலை தான் எதிரப்பர்க்கமுடியும்....December 18 at 12:16am · Like · 11.
    .Senthil Vinu Navin Mozart, Well put! Rahman doesn't mean it in negative sense. It seems like he is lamenting at the current taste of music. Raja himself believed music taste was lost in 80's even at his peak. At several instances, publicly, he has asked directors to come with different situations and not the same old situations. This is another reason he barred most producers from his composing room.December 18 at 12:36am · Like · 2.
    .Ramesh Krishnan http://www.sivakasinews.com/.../ilai...riod-music.../
    "Ilaiyaraja period music taste has changed" - A.R.Rahman
    www.sivakasinews.com
    "Ilaiyaraja period music taste has changed" - A.R.Rahman (Kumudam Dec 10, 2013).December 18 at 2:55am · Like · 1.
    .Ramesh Krishnan ARR has said it very diplomatically and there is nothing wrong. the point is, the question itself conveys that Raja's music is popular in interior tamil nadu but his is not.December 18 at 2:56am · Like · 1.
    .Sam Paavendan People (I am talking about public not fans) don't have patience to sit in front of the tape recorder listen as they did during vaidhegi kathirunthaal and Idhayakoyil etc. They want to hear some foot tapping numbers on the go. Raja's music can't be enjoyed that way.December 18 at 3:15am · Like
    ..Navin Mozart Sam Paavendan Really...
    Kannada Prem Kahani : Hodadavne
    www.youtube.com
    Director: R Chandru Choreographer: Harsha. A Music Director: Maestro Ilayaraja C...inematographer: KS Chandrashekar Cast : Ajay Rao, Sheela, Rangayana Raghu, Da...See More.December 18 at 3:58am · Unlike · 3.
    .Navin Mozart Beat ennavo Venga boys paatu thaan aana tune....Originall..rahman pala paatu mathri..December 18 at 3:59am · Edited · Like..Navin Mozart
    Thathom Thakathimi
    www.youtube.com
    "Kadhal Kavithai" Parsanth, Ishagopika Hit Film.December 18 at 4:03am · Like.
    .Jayaram Balasubramanyam luks he said casualy and we shoud understad inniki rahman paatu gramathuku poyachuDecember 18 at 4:38am · Like.
    .Dileep Kumar Shatdharshanam Listen to "Ottesi Cheputha" from Om Shanthi to know another Foot tapping song of IlayarajaDecember 18 at 6:24am · Like.
    .Appu Shiva- Dear Navin and Senthil , the question from the reporter was clear and direct , that people in villages enjoys IR songs than his, A.R.Rahman answer should be yes or no, he need not cleverly divert the question that present people changed their likings.. who said ,, I had seen even in city , people hear IR songs during public transport , inside cars , restaurants, etc. And mostly NRI's hear IR songs to feel homely.Take the note of actor Nazer mentioned in one of the function the fact that people in country side hear only IR songs.Pizza and humburger never replaces Idly and dosa at any time period..................Also i heard annakili and 16 Vaithenela are repeative heared in villages not Porale ponnuthaiye....What i criticize one should accept that his creativity is not par with IR and long live...it may hard to digest but it is the fact December 18 at 7:51am · Edited · Like · 3

..Appu Shiva Also Rahman mentions IR period songs , as if he is out of flim industry in 1993,, he not even bother that IR still give symphony music in NEPV and Megha, and provoke that IR period is already completed and he is ruling now and one day other will come ... completely baseless theory,, I never seen a music directgor after IR,, all are acoustic mixers or half baked copy and paste genre.December 18 at 7:58am · Edited · Like · 1.
    .Senthil Vinu --Appu Shiva, Ok I will take back my word that Rahman was lamenting at the state of current music taste. I read the interview in Tamil now, earlier I was going my friend's post. I was wrong. Anyway, I don't want to get what Rahman is saying. I just don't think popularity in village, rural, city, country and world is measure of any one's genius, especially Raja's. How to name it and Nothing but wind are not as popular in our villages like Annakilli songs. Does that take away the genius of the works? His genius is in his works, don't need any external criteria or comparison to support it.December 18 at 11:03am · Edited · Like · 4.
    .Sridhar Ravi Senthil Vinu A unheard point you said. NICE ONE December 18 at 3:45pm · Like.
    .Shankar Nag I have read that interview. It is not as scathing as it seems. He has even said in future his songs too will be replaced by someone else.But certainly I feel he cud not accept the fact that even now in villages(in buses,or in some functions(why even in FM radios)) Raja is still the Raja. Rahman cud not replace him. Of course Rahman cannot accept this. One has to be very very matured to do so . I hope time will give that maturity.December 18 at 5:46pm · Like · 3.
    .Shankar Nag Mukki Mukki music podraar rahman. Ilayaraja best nu solla enna vekkam vendi irukku? appadi sonnal un peyar innum uyarum.December 18 at 5:49pm · Like.
    .Sam Paavendan In villages, they still hear MGR, Sivaji songs and IR songs as well. They shy away from Rahmanish.December 18 at 6:24pm · Like.
    .Agamendran Raju Oru padaluku 6varam edukkum rahman engae 1/2hourla 6 padal Raja engae. Chinnathambi kettu paruga puriyumDecember 18 at 6:36pm via mobile · Like.
    .Appu Shiva Thanks Senthil for your understanding on the subject...RegardsDecember 18 at 10:00pm · Like.
    .Appu Shiva Navin , the song Hodadavne kannada, is an enjoyable song with different beats out of the box, you can check my comment on the youtube song link given 3 years before in the name masala0011. This song I hear when I am stressed in office , after hearing I will be relaxed to some extentDecember 18 at 10:13pm · Like.
    .Ragunaath Rathnam he reporters question stand invalid.

The people in Villages, may be you can call youths of villages, they listen to the current trend. From GV to everyone, this is the fact. The TV's and media got in to every corners, the change in medium is inevitable.

Also they still listen to Ilayaraja.December 19 at 12:00am · Like.
    .Shankar Nag Yes accepted, when a thing is played in a T.V. Media,one cannot but help to watch it. But have u ever travelled in those local buses, and have U listened wat songs they choose to play during some family or temple functions. It is still IR songs only. Even at night, Fms throng with Raja sir songs only.December 19 at 4:49pm · Unlike · 1.
    .Shankar Nag Many internet centers I used. 9/10 times there they play Raja songs only. Right now I am listening to Singalattu chinnakkuyileDecember 19 at 4:51pm · Like..

..-----
    die-hard fan of ilayaraja

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Isai Alias IR

Hi Friends. Thread is getting diverted. Let us focus on IR and his music. We know what IR and his music all about. It's Divine and Time Tested Music. Let us not compare IR with anyone and move on ..So Called Celeberities do not want give Credit to him because they will look too small in front of his fame and name....He is way beyond anyone reach and always given MUSIC beyond Time...Will stay forever. GOD bless everyone...
    Rgds - Madhan

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been following this discussion without jumping in. I am not an unbiased observer. I love Ilaiyaraaja - the versatility of the man is unmatched as far as I know. I do listen to Rahman and other composers and enjoy them occasionally. When Yuvan sung for Rahman I felt some soft of happiness that our composers are all capable of collaborating and raising above petty differences. I fail to understand this mentality that one composer's period is over and the other one's reign should begin. Why cant diverse composers thrive at the same time and add to the listening pleasure of fans?
    I believe that the question asked in the interview was not relevant and need not have been asked. However, if only Rahman had voiced something like what I said above: "all composers have their place and only time will tell how someone's creations endure across generations."

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't care if you are God Himself. You have no right to comment about others' analytical capabilities. And, to call Rahman fans an ignorant bunch? Now, that is despicable, cheap, and rude. I am a nobody to ask Rahman to stop mouthing off anyone. And, may I remind you, so are you - VP in the US or in Mars...or not. What if he keeps mouthing off? What will you do?

Re: garbage, based on what you write, it seems that is what your choice of music is. A person listening to good music won't spew such garbage.
    Last edited by thozhar; 22nd December 2013 at 05:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    "else his fans would be so disappointed if he was just like everybody else. "

All I can say is, "nonsense".