Page 345 of 401 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From This weeks Anandha Vikatan..

திரைப்படங்களில் பாட ஆரம்பித்து குறைந்த காலத்திலேயே கன்னடத்திலும் மலையாளத்திலும் ஒரு வெற்றிப்பாடகியாக மாறினார் எஸ்.ஜானகி. ஆனால், தமிழில் அவரது இசைவாழ்க்கை எளிதாக உச்சத்துக்குச் செல்லவில்லை. பற்பல வெற்றிப் பாடல்களுக்குப் பின்னரும் அவ்வப்போது சில பாடல்கள் மட்டுமே அவருக்கு இங்கு கிடைத்தன. ஆனால், அவற்றில் அபூர்வமான பல பாடல்கள் இருந்தன.
    ஜானகியைத் தமிழின் முதன்மைப் பாடகியாக மாற்றியது இளையராஜாவின் பாடல்கள்தான். இளையராஜாவின் கற்பனைவீச்சைத் தன் குரலால் முற்றிலுமாக எதிர்கொண்டு வாகை சூடிய ஒரே பாடகி ஜானகிதான் என்றே சொல்வேன். அவற்றில் நாட்டுப்புறப் பெண்களுக்கு உரிய குழைவும் தளுக்கும் கச்சிதமாகக் கலந்த எத்தனையோ அற்புதமான பாடல்கள் உண்டு. 'அன்னக்கிளி உன்னத் தேடுதே’, மற்றும் 'மச்சானப் பார்த்தீங்களா’ பாடல்கள் தமிழ்த் திரை இசை யின் திருப்புமுனைகள். 'ராசாவே உன்ன நம்பி’ (முதல்மரியாதை) முதல் 'இஞ்சி இடுப்பழகா’ (தேவர்மகன்) வரை அத்தகைய எத்தனையோ பாடல்கள் உள்ளம் உருகச் செய்துகொண்டே இருந்தன.

இளையராஜா தமிழுக்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்திய நுட்பமான மேலையிசை மெட்டுக்களை அவற்றின் அழகையும் இயல்பையும் பலமடங்காக்கிப் பாடிப் புகழ்பெற வைத்ததில் ஜானகியின் பங்கு மிக முக்கியமானது. 'பருவமே புதிய பாடல் பாடு’ (நெஞ்சத்தைக் கிள்ளாதே), 'பாடவா உன் பாடலை’ (நான் பாடும் பாடல்), 'இது ஒரு நிலாக் காலம்’ (டிக் டிக் டிக்), 'ஓகோ... மேகம் வந்ததோ’(மௌன ராகம்), 'ஒரு பூங்காவனம்’ (அக்னி நட்சத்திரம்), 'இரவு நிலவு’ (அஞ்சலி), 'கண்மணி அன்போடு’ (குணா), 'அன்பே வா அருகிலே’ (கிளிப்பேச்சு கேட்க வா) என்று எத்தனையோ பாடல்களைச் சொல்லலாம்.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Missed thalaivar's contribution in Vishwaroopam

Watched Vishwaroopam at the theatre in Germany this weekend. Though the "Vishwaroopam" song was placed well, the other major "Kathak" song failed to impress inspite of good picturisation.

But where Shankar-Ehsan-Loy failed miserably was in the BGM department. Sweeping takes of "Afganisthan camp" had a pathetic background score, begging for thalaivar's magic touch. Sigh ...

I think Kamal comes up with unimpressive musical albums whenever he teams with somebody else.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Kamal would have considered Raja for BGM score, it could have been a wonderful movie watching experience for people all over the world.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes - but I dont know why having spent so much money on this film, Kamal didnt choose IR for the score

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the movie today and i really missed IR at many a places in the movie; perhaps throughout the movie. 2 mistakes (if i may say so) in the movie were (1) No IR and (2) No climax.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajabhakthan,

I guess, SEL was not involved in BGM. Kamal mentioned another name in Polimer channel interview or some other media. Forgot the name. In any case, no one can match IR's BGM.

Venkkiram,

I am not sure if IR would have agreed to do only BGM!

BTW, how many movies IR was roped in only for BGM (and someone else credited for songs)? I know of Lajja. Any other movie?

irir123,

Very much agree.

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Rajaramsgi,

Thanks for the Vikatan article. One thing I want to do after reading it is to listen to Mudhal Mariyadhai songs! It has been ages since I listened to the songs of MM.

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    IR to record songs for Rudrammadevi using London Symphony Orchestra:

http://in.omg.yahoo.com/news/ilayara...130606512.html

I sort of expected this to happen ! Exciting!

"Director Gunasekhar says music maestro Ilayaraja plans to record songs for upcoming Telugu period drama "Rudrama Devi" with the London Symphony orchestra.
    "Since it's a period film, Raja sir insisted that we record the songs with the London Symphony orchestra. He has already composed six songs for the album and we will start recording very soon with the orchestra in London," Gunasekhar, who is directing and producing the film, told IANS..."

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Same news in IndiaGlitz. BTW, I see that good intention and good technical crew is working on this movie. Hope for the best.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...cle/90710.html

"...'Maestro' Ilayaraja is composing the music for the film.

Gunasekhar, who has been well-known for massive sets in his movies, says that Ilayaraja has been inspired with the story of the film."Ilayaraja has been stimulated once he heard the story. He has been taking special interest in giving an international standard music for a film which is being done with global standards. The composing of six songs has been completed in the Temple Bay resorts in Chennai", he says.

He says that in addition to giving extraordinary songs, the music genius has decided to record the songs with 'Symphony' orchestra in London.

He adds that the movie is going to be prestigious, in terms of music..."

thanks,

Krishnan