Page 105 of 142 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1411

Thread: Shocking things happening at TFI

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiVijay View Post
    How do you see Rajini's Influence in this context, as your college days were in Rajini's Solid Growth period
    This is a very good subject to discuss about. Rajni became popular during my school and college days. Kamal during those days had following among the youth in the cities, whereas Rajni had fans mostly from the rural men and most importantly children fans. I have seen kids trying to imitate Rajni and also try to smoke secretly. This could be because of the influence of their heroes behaviour onscreen. Today it is the drinking scenes that is used to pull the youth to the movies. Probably it was heroes smoking styles and fighting styles that bought people(especially young and very young ones) to watch the movies during those days . With the advent of TV many older generation people stopped going to the theaters to watch movies. So it was the children and the younger generations who went to the theaters and whatever attracts them was used to pull them. This is my opinion on this matter.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi200101 View Post
    With the advent of TV many older generation people stopped going to the theaters to watch movies. So it was the children and the younger generations who went to the theaters and whatever attracts them was used to pull them. This is my opinion on this matter.
    Eventhough we are not going to theatres, all those things are coming to us through tv channels.

I am in foreign country, where theatres are not allowed, but we are getting all those ugly things to our drawing rooms through tvs, in the form of comedy clippings, speacial scenes etc etc., and after some days full movie in cannnels.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adiram View Post
    Eventhough we are not going to theatres, all those things are coming to us through tv channels.

I am in foreign country, where theatres are not allowed, but we are getting all those ugly things to our drawing rooms through tvs, in the form of comedy clippings, speacial scenes etc etc., and after some days full movie in cannnels.
    Yes agreed. When TV started in the 80's it was not in the hands of private companies but run by govt. So their were controls on what to be shown and what will affect the viewing public. But with private's taking over and with money flowing their are no controls on TV too.

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi200101 View Post
    This is a very good subject to discuss about. Rajni became popular during my school and college days. Kamal during those days had following among the youth in the cities, whereas Rajni had fans mostly from the rural men and most importantly children fans. I have seen kids trying to imitate Rajni and also try to smoke secretly. This could be because of the influence of their heroes behaviour onscreen. Today it is the drinking scenes that is used to pull the youth to the movies. Probably it was heroes smoking styles and fighting styles that bought people(especially young and very young ones) to watch the movies during those days . With the advent of TV many older generation people stopped going to the theaters to watch movies. So it was the children and the younger generations who went to the theaters and whatever attracts them was used to pull them. This is my opinion on this matter.
    Should we call this stereotypical or ignorant or both ?

A Man single handedly defined the commercial tamil cinema , people shamelessly bask in its glory even today. Now blame the same Individual for influencing a generation with smoking Unfortunately, This very man also stands for his humility, generosity and simplicity, why is that TN people didn't pick some his good qualities too (if he was so influential) You are telling me TN people are so dumb that they pick up only bad stuffs from him?. Think for a second TN/ Indian Society has developed this culture of smoking and drinking, movies are just mere reflection of that. Blaming a mirror because you look ugly , will not make u any less ugly.
    On other hand Movies also promoted Violence , rape and many other social problems, so every gang which commits a crime can walk away blaming movies? every rapist can walk away blaming movies?

My school days , my college days , my public pool swimming days are good anecdotal for instigating and diverting the discussion rather addressing the issue. Its evident here, even people from previous generation(s) doesn't have the appetite for truth or solutions.

The only thing you guys have spared rajini of doing is "He didn't put it your mouth and lit it" , you guys accused him of everything else. I am pretty sure one day some genius will claim. One day when I was in my school rajni came to my class room and offered me a smoke-en kudu varum. (This comes with the territory) I won't be surprised. Quit blaming others , take up responsibility for your own actions.

-deleted without warning that's what MODs are for !-

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    therinju than pesareengala dilbert annae? ppl pick bad influences easily than a good one...... or to be more precise, ppl who needs a reason / inspiration to do otherwise taboo things pick up their onscreen idol's mannerisms and styles and habits to justify theirs......
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    therinju than pesareengala dilbert annae? ppl pick bad influences easily than a good one...... or to be more precise, ppl who needs a reason / inspiration to do otherwise taboo things pick up their onscreen idol's mannerisms and styles and habits to justify theirs......
    neenga edho 10 mark question kaetta madhiri avaru idhukkum reply pannuvarunga...

namma Ajith sonna madhiri lets keep it simple..

mukesh advt irundha ungalukku enna poachu.. pidikkalaina theaterukku 2 nimisam kazhichu poanga.. download panni parkkuravanga 2 nimisam oatti vittu parunga..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Another lame excuse from not accepting consequences of their own action, veedungea Subras sir.

No point in playing villion behind buffaloes back ! THE END ..

Senior Member Senior Hubber rajeshkrv's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Another lame excuse from not accepting consequences of their own action, veedungea Subras sir.

No point in playing villion behind buffaloes back ! THE END ..
    dilbert sir,
    i'm not here to say who is right wh is wrong but cinema's impact on common man is more .. amma appa solli kooda seyyadhadha thangaloda fav hero padathula senja udane seyyum kootam irukkathan seyyudhu . konjam educated and people who know real/reel life is diff may be able think but overall cinema's impact on society and common man is immense be it bad or good

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    neenga edho 10 mark question kaetta madhiri avaru idhukkum reply pannuvarunga...

namma Ajith sonna madhiri lets keep it simple..

mukesh advt irundha ungalukku enna poachu.. pidikkalaina theaterukku 2 nimisam kazhichu poanga.. download panni parkkuravanga 2 nimisam oatti vittu parunga..
    Yo aanestu who was that silkku singaram who started this whole thing by quoting " 2 decades ago people were not as smart as current generation?"