Page 226 of 406 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 4053

Thread: Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    theriyAdhu. puriyala. viLakki sollunga.
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...l=1#post991701
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Kamal’s terms

Acclaimed Kollywood actor Kamal Haasan tells Yiswaree Palansamy that Indian cinema should not look to the West for approval

Read more: On Kamal’s terms - Showbiz - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/sho...#ixzz2GJvK5LFn

IF there is one word to describe Padmashri Dr Kamal Haasan, it’s “virtuous”. The South Indian film industry may have labelled him Oscar Nayagan (Oscar king), but with more than 50 years of acting and directing experience behind him, Kamal feels no urgency to be awarded an Oscar as a mark of success.
    He began his career as a child actor in Kalathur Kannamma when he was barely 4 years old. Directed by A. Bhimsingh, he won the President’s Gold Medal for his role.
    From then on, Kamal has never failed to get the attention of both critics and fans. He may have won numerous awards and accolades but he said in a recent interview that “it is never about the award (at international award events). I make Indian films, so my standard is to conform to the Indian film industry — that is the benchmark for me”.
    He was here for the Kuala Lumpur International Indian Music Festival (KLIMF) 2012 as guest of honour.
    “I look for fame among my people, my peers,” he added.
    To produce a good Indian film, Kamal said he tries to translate the ideas of his idol, Mahatma Gandhi, into his works. It is a task which, he said, goes with the current age.
    “I am a Gandhi admirer and his ideas are simply perfect, as you can see in my movie Hey Ram,” said Kamal, adding that he believes in doing things his way rather than adhering to convention.
    He is also averse to the idea of “Western acceptance”. “Gandhi denied Western acceptance and fought for independence his way. Similarly, the question of Vishwaroopam (Kamal’s latest film) appealing to Western or Hollywood tastes does not arise,” he said.
    The movie is “a spy-cum-political thriller” where Kamal plays a kathak dancer with a secret past (scheduled for release in cinemas nationwide on Jan 11).
    “The Indian cinema industry need not seek Western acceptance, but rather the audience’s. We can compete and take criticisms but not look for approval. In essence, Tamil cinemas, by being more ethnic, will automatically become more international. A country must be proud of its culture — be it story, art and cinema,” said Kamal, adding that in Vishwaroopam, the elements are international.
    Kamal said the idea of him being just a director is remote as he had always wanted to act, even from young. “The cinema was one good way to get away from school,” he quipped.
    For Kamal, it is also important to think out of the box. “It is a need. I am a very uncomfortable monkey in a box... I want to make changes to fit the different needs of my audience. You can’t eat the same food every day, can you? So, change is crucial,” he said.
    Despite his “conservative” background, Kamal refused to conform to social expectations and eventually made box-office hits with films such as Hey Ram, Anbe Sivam Unnai Pol Oruvan, Virumandi and Thevar Magan.
    He is perhaps best remembered for his roles in Aboorva Sagotharargal, 16 Vayathinile and Avvai Shanmugi.
    Kamal also spoke up against the glamourising of alcohol and unnecessary cabaret-like song sequences in Indian films. “I am not keen on songs as a narrative tool — at least not all the time. Music is a part of life but you won’t be able to fully understand music if you do not first understand silence,” he said.
    “I have always been a critic of meaningless singing and dancing and I try to impart this in my movies. Unnai Pol Oruvan is a fine example.”
    Unnai Pol Oruvan, a story about a common citizen who embarks on a journey to eliminate terrorists in India, is devoid of singing and dancing.
    On his role as father to daughters Shruti and Akshara (Shruti is a musician and actress while Akshara is undergoing training to become a professional ballroom dancer), Kamal said that he trusts them with their career choices and the way they plan their lives. “It has changed now that they are grown women... I have to be their friend and cannot really take my old position as a father seriously, or I will be the one who looks like a child,” he said.
    Rising south Indian music director Yuvan Shankar Raja also gave a debut performance at KLIMF 2012, alongside a host of Kollywood stars. Yuvan’s father, music maestro Ilayaraja, was also present.

Read more: On Kamal’s terms - Showbiz - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/life-times/sho...#ixzz2GJvVv400
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Srimannarayanan View Post
    Very very happy to hear Thalaivar speaking about Rahmanji and his music in Swasame song in Tenali in Super SInger T20 Programme. I will be in top of the world if they come together again in future.
    What did he say? Any video available online?

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    What did he say? Any video available online?
    The team sung two songs . Nee partha parvai and Swasame..

KH said , Rahman can produce beautiful songs without orchestration aswell. Swase is one such example

Rahmanji was keep on improvising this song and sent this song to the team thru internet. Rahman is sheer genius.

It is not exact verbatim.

Today's programme will be available on facebook tomororw(hopefully).

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can somebody post the video link of the day 1 of Super singer Kamal spl?
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

நிகழ்ச்சியின் கடைசியாக முத்தாய்பாக.. நீ நான் சிவம் அன்பே சிவம் பாடலைப் பாடிய விதம்.. அதைவிட பெருமையாக இருப்பது.. ஆயிரக்கணக்காக பாடல்கள் இருந்தாலும் சிறுவர்கள் முதல் இந்தப் பாடலை விரும்பிக் கேட்பது.. புல்லரிக்கும் விஷயம். மக்களது ரசனையில் பாடல் வரிகள் எவ்வளவு முக்கியத்துவம் என்பதற்கு இதைவிட வேறு சான்று ஏது? இந்தப் பாடல் உருவாக்கம் கமலோடு இணைந்து வரலாறாகி விட்டது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread revival!

கமல் என் நெருங்கிய நண்பர் இல்லை! - கேஎஸ் ரவிக்குமார்

Read more at: http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news...ar-171189.html
    Good! Keep it thatway forever! For hereafter he won't go for a dummy director like you, that too a director who learnt almost nothing useful from him, even after associating for 4 blockbusters and 1 decent hit film!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal comes second in CNN-IBN greatest Indian actor of all time, but first in the present living actors

Late Telugu actor and former Chief Minister Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao
    (NTR) has been named the greatest Indian actor of all time, while
    Sridevi was voted the best actress, in a CNN-IBN Poll survey conducted
    in celebration of 100 years of Indian cinema. NTR garnered 53 percent of
    total votes, while actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan amassed 44 percent of
    rest of the votes. Southern actors like Mohanlal shared one percent
    votes each, and the rest of the actors got less than a percent of votes.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/telugu-ac...04-71-180.html
    #UttamaVillain#

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was recently watching a video in dailymotion.com on "Aalvandhan" premiere in Mumbai. WOW I can't believe already 11 years have gone....I remember watching AALVANDHAN posters in AP while traveling from Chennai to Mumbai in DADAR express....
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Nilam Puyal! Hihi!

Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv