View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 240 of 247 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    So much so that the blogger created the wikipedia page for the NN movie.

The part is " புலிக்கு பிறந்தது பூனையாகுமா?" ...nalla vELai Gemini G is not reading this blog.
    Maybe she acts well (I have not seen the movie, just saw the clips posted here) but there have been much more good looking actresses in tamil movies and I do not consider Gemini Ganesan as a handsome guy as well. I will never understand my fellow countrymen's taste

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiru sir,
    ஜெமினியை நமக்கு (அதாவது ஆம்பளைகளுக்குப்) புடிக்குதா இல்லையா என்பது முக்கியமே இல்ல...பெண்களுக்கு அவர் காதல் மன்னன் ஆயாச்சு, ஜெயிச்சாச்சு

ஆனா அவரோட இந்தப்பொண்ணை ஒரே படத்தோட தொரத்திட்டாங்க...தமிழ் சினிமா தப்பிச்சது!

இருந்தாலும், அந்த ஒரே படத்துல 'பனி விழும் மலர்வனம்', 'நீதானே எந்தன் பொன்வசந்தம்', 'ரோஜாவைத் தாலாட்டும் தென்றல்' மாதிரி அல்ட்ரா ஸ்பெஷல் பாட்டெல்லாம் கண்ணை மூடிக்கிட்டு பாக்குற அளவுக்கு சாதனை பண்ணிட்டாங்க.

BTW, என்னுடைய கருத்துப்படி (பானு)ரேகா, அதாவது ஜீஜீயோட அக்கா / பச்சன் காதலி, பூனைக்குப்பிறந்த புலி

Post Thanks / Like
    கவுதமர் புண்ணியத்துல சில பல ப்ளாக்கர்கள் டாக்டரம்மாவை மறுபடி நினைக்கிறாங்க

Even a regular cine fan, may not instantly recognize the name of , Dr Jaya Sridhar Rajan, and the fact that she was the heroine in a famous film.

Post Thanks / Like
    dig

On Gemini, an old article in The Hindu :
    http://www.hindu.com/mag/2005/04/03/...0300560500.htm

Appa would switch effortlessly between impeccable English, Sanskrit and the pungent vocabulary of Tamil filmdom. He dashed off syrupy English poems with a gusto that made me giggle with embarrassment; yet he had a refined sense of humour that, regretfully, was never exploited by his directors. He loved my mother and quite a few "others" and yet expected us all to love each other too!
    End-dig

p.s. The above hindu article was by one Dr Jaya Sreedhar

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiru sir,
    ஜெமினியை நமக்கு (அதாவது ஆம்பளைகளுக்குப்) புடிக்குதா இல்லையா என்பது முக்கியமே இல்ல...பெண்களுக்கு அவர் காதல் மன்னன் ஆயாச்சு, ஜெயிச்சாச்சு

ha ha .. you are right Looks like I will rather read GG's writing and watch her sister on screen (classic beauty) . I attribute it to the mother like I do for my own kids
    GG covers for her dad very well .. "bordering on the bohemian" .. nicely put lady !!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much so that the blogger created the wikipedia page for the NN movie.

The part is " புலிக்கு பிறந்தது பூனையாகுமா?" ...nalla vELai Gemini G is not reading this blog.
    I used to have this lady friend who supposedly was sharing my love for 70s/80s IR songs. Her name is Vasantha, and goddamit, most of the songs that she really likes has "Vasantha" or "Vasantham" in it. WTF!!!! Anyway, I cut off the friendship for this and other reasons. Good riddance.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    groucho,

LOL.

/dig

I have started the 90s Raja writeups. So please go there as well

/end dig

Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    response / feedback about NEPV from one of my students !:

"Hello there! - This is a feedback to the new album NEETHANE EN PONVASANTHAM by LLAIYARAAJA -
    when i got to the second song the music was so pleasant to my ears i turned up the volume of my computer! I am African, and even though i did not understand the words spoken in theses songs i fell in love with the good music, and the well done melodies!! And probably like many others who are not familiar with this composer, I initially thought this was an Indian band. To my big surprise, these amazing songs came from one man, who is hiding himself from the rest of the world while he should be blessing us with his outstanding talents!
    Fatma, Houston, Tx"
    Nice to see this!
    any comments from the musician couple to whom asked for review some tie back?
    I-aRmony!!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Saindhu Saindhu lyrics experiment.

I felt like something is missing in the final version of "Saindhu Saindhu" tune after I heard Raja's composing this song with harmonium. While Yuvan is a factor, today I went back and listened to Harmonium version again, and realized that lyrics could have been better.

The basic bhava in the original notes may not be fully expressed in the lyrics. In other words, the drama & story in the notes is missing in the lyrics.

So I took some liberty to experiment with the beginning lyrics. I cannot even write Tamil properly so me writing lyrics is a joke. The idea is to just explore some of the nuances in Raja's composition. Please bare with the quality of lyrics.

Parsing Pallavi
    1. There's bit of surprise and disbelieve (of love) in the original tune.
    2. Musical notes pose some sort of the questions.
    3. Notes climax but doesn't completely resolve the original surprise, disbelieve and love.

I tried to follow this structure.
    1. Establish the mood & situation.
    2. Raise question, intensify question.
    3. Give some reasonable conclusion to questions.

Here's a version, inspired by original lyrics.

Saindhu saindhu nee paarkumbothu.... aada ada...hey..hey.
    Vazhaintha imaikal enn manathai vaattaa.... kannee...hey..hey.

Muzhumaiyai inaiyavaa?
    Iruvarum Oruvaraa?
    Innimel........
    Ellam Sorgamaaa?

One more version.

Iravenin Mayakama?
    Aasaiyai Anaikavaa?
    Sonthame......
    Vaa thaa Muthame.

What do you guys think?

Original tune. (0:00 to 0:30)

Last edited by senthilv.com; 5th October 2012 at 02:52 PM.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senthil, I don't intend to burst the bubble but to be honest, your lyrics somehow doesn't seem to go with the flow of the tune. Your intent is interesting for sure, but lighta vaarthai muttudhu! My thamizh skill's pretty much zilch, but the edhugai mOnai doesn't 'fit' right, me thinks. Guys like Suresh65/P_R/Jai would probably assess it better.