View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 228 of 247 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2469

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot CSR for the links. Will hear it in the evening.

Somehow NEPV magnet is not allowing me to do anything else even after 20 days of listening. Even if I try to listen to any other songs for a minute, it pulls me heavily to it. All other songs seems mundane to me. This is the second time I have experienced this behaviour in recent times, first being the monopoly SRR, last year. Was just comparing SRR with NEPV, could not believe the contrast and versatility in Maestro. Where is gali ningi neeru and where is pengaL yendraal. Where is Seetha seemandam and where is EnnOdu vaa vaa, the list goes on. Even if I start to write on these compositions, it asks me, ivvaLavuthaanaa? Ithellaam mana brandy maadhiri irukku.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SKR!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/Ilaya...7588585007080/

Neethaane En Ponvasantham Songs from a Rhythm (Thalam) and Scale (Ragam) perspective !!

Saaindhu Saaindhu - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai (goes as 3+3+2)
    Composed in D Major , takes the ragam of Mohanam predominantly (there is an accidental Ni note too) , during the Charanam it changes to B Minor (Scale of Natabhairavi) but has a distinct Suddha Dhanyasi flavour.

Kaatrai Konjam - 7/8 Misra Chaapu
    Composed in E Major (Shankarabaranam) , shifts to C# Minor during the Charanam (At Thalli Thalli) , and should have become Natabhairavi, but feel it is actually Varunapriya due to the heavy new presence of the note C (Ni3 in Carnatic terms).Again (At Saathi Vaitha) it returns to the scale of E Major and should have become Shankarabaranam but again the booming presence of note C (Da1 in this case) makes it Sarasangi. The introduction of the note C in Charanam is a pure masterstroke.

Mudhal Murai - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai
    Composed in B Minor in the ragam of Natabhairavi (Ni3 is also used at times giving an extra effect)

Vaanam Mella - 6/8 Adhi Thalam Tisra Nadai
    Composed in F Minor , takes the raga of Pushpalathika as it mostly avoids Dha.

Pidikkala Mamu - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai
    Pidikala Mamu is composed in E Major (Shankarabaranam) , Vidhi Pathadhe is in 6/8 and composed in F Minor and follows Suddha Dhanyasi Ragam

Ennodu Vaa Vaa - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai
    Composed in E Minor and follows Natabhairavi Ragam

Pengal Yendral - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai
    Composed in B Scale and follows the ragam of Gowri Manohari

Sattru Munbu - 4/4 Adhi Thalam Chatushra Nadai
    Composed in D Scale , difficult to slot into a raga as it uses almost all notes but is predominantly in Keeravani
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Thanks a lot CSR for the links. Will hear it in the evening.

Somehow NEPV magnet is not allowing me to do anything else even after 20 days of listening. Even if I try to listen to any other songs for a minute, it pulls me heavily to it. All other songs seems mundane to me. This is the second time I have experienced this behaviour in recent times, first being the monopoly SRR, last year. Was just comparing SRR with NEPV, could not believe the contrast and versatility in Maestro. Where is gali ningi neeru and where is pengaL yendraal. Where is Seetha seemandam and where is EnnOdu vaa vaa, the list goes on. Even if I start to write on these compositions, it asks me, ivvaLavuthaanaa? Ithellaam mana brandy maadhiri irukku.
    v_sji, same pinch! .
    I'd placed NEPV and SRR in the same order in Flipkart. Been listening to these two since they were delivered. What mind blowing differences in the music and styles! idhayum thaandi, the variety in styles within each album itself is remarkable!
    raasa... avatharam ya nee

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by csramasami View Post
    Sorry for the digression (as was needed by app_eng)

Just thought of sharing something at this hot NEPV moment when all are talking about the Symphonic orchestra. Refer to the you tube link as well as Wikipedia link (parallelly if possible)

Bolero by Maurice Ravel – YouTube Link

Wikipedia on “Bolero”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bol%C3%A9ro

(don’t miss the Table in this Wikipedia which explains the step by step the instruments being played in this orchestral piece. Compare visually with the You-tube. A good educational value stuff to know about the various orchestral instruments and their sounds)

One can hear predominantly the Charukesi ragam & Sankarabaranam (Major)

We also need such Wikipedia for IR. Don’t we !
    thanks for that link CSR.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rediff interview of Gautam

For the first time, the director has roped in Ilayaraja as the music director. The album, released recently, is a huge hit.

In this interview, Gautham Vasudev Menon talks about the magic of working with the maestro.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to the link from CSR .. I have two or three versions of Bolero ..mainly bought for a better and better recording. I always thought it sounded Arabic but never identified the similarity with our raagams.
    And I wandered off to other concert videos in youtube ..suggest Ave Maria (Schubert) as an antidote for the NEPV addiction to a_e
    Last edited by kiru; 21st September 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Thanks for the link... 3 days, 14 tunes, 8 tunes were picked,... my fav of the album is also Kaatrai Konjam. Lovely song.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by csramasami View Post
    Bolero by Maurice Ravel – YouTube Link

Wikipedia on “Bolero”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bol%C3%A9ro

(don’t miss the Table in this Wikipedia which explains the step by step the instruments being played in this orchestral piece. Compare visually with the You-tube. A good educational value stuff to know about the various orchestral instruments and their sounds)

One can hear predominantly the Charukesi ragam & Sankarabaranam (Major)

We also need such Wikipedia for IR. Don’t we !
    That was stunning!. Started with just one flute, gradually adding instruments one by one, culminating in a superb finish (with even a scale change). Most of the wind/woodwind instruments sound pretty close, easy to miss clarinet for oboe, oboe for oboe d'amore/cor anglais. Bassoon was quite different. Still if they all play together, it is very difficult to even say which of these are played. Very educational post and link. Thank you very much CSR sir.

BTW, the conductor was funny.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brigs View Post
    Thanks for the link... 3 days, 14 tunes, 8 tunes were picked,... my fav of the album is also Kaatrai Konjam. Lovely song.
    kARRai konjam is one of the genres IR does. But IMHO, his favorite or the genre that he is focussed on and trying to innovate is - saRRu munbu or even something like muthal muRai. I only wish saRRu munbu is popular with the general audience just like where these two are running at the top in our polls.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks V_S, Kiru, KV and all. Yes the conductor looks funny. But articulation of dynamics of the composition (with utmost soft start to the adrenalin pushinh crescendo in the end) was the bottomline for this song and he makes it visibly extraordinarily brilliant. See his start with utmost controling his breath and cueing the snare drum and at the end he himself gets into raptourous mode with entire orchestration goes wild. This is what expected from symphony players and they deliver. When you know you are having such team to support you, the creator in you will go full blast with assured output. (My answer to people asking why IR needs London and European people and why not Chennai, this video speaks for itself. Also, if one gets into the details of the each individual instruments intricacies w.r.t. paramters like range, difficulties in playing certain phrases, dynamics etc. you need the experts to produce the creativity of the genius like IR. I know, this will create very heated debates in this tfmp, let me stop this digression)

The other side note, one could have watched the snare drummer all the time looking for the notes as well as Conductor and playing continuously till end; (the 2 bar notes of which is given in the wikipedia under sub-head "Structure of song"); though by any standard of today, just a looped recorded synth playing would have achieved this ? No! What he is faithfully following is the dynamics as written in the sheet notes as well as controlled by the conductor. Amazing I feel. Normal routine to them.

Even the dynamics picked up by the Angel studio has not been picked up by the Jaya TV/Nehru stadium arrangement and that's the sad state of affair here. Why a Ressul Pokkutty/Shridhar not required for such stage shows of IR calibre ?