Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gangster Squad
    Directed by Ruben Fleischer
    Based on Tales from the Gangster Squad by Paul Lieberman [Have not read it]
    Banner : Village Roadshow Pictures

Starring : Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling, Josh Brolini, Emma stone, other members of the squad, a bunch of Policemen and gangster.

Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) is a upcomming and menancing gangster who threatens the future of Los Angeles post world war 2. The police could not control his rise. John (ex-military-now-in-lapd) is an upright Police officer. All his attempts to roundup Cohen and his men go up in vain as Cohen owns the law. At this time, his retiring superior, who wants to clean the state, asks John to do whatever he could to put away Cohen and his buisness. Thus Gangster Squad is formed by John - John, 2 of his military collegues, 1 other police officer, an ex-gangster and his partner. The objective is to attack all the underworld activities and make Cohen helpless. They go on with an attacking spree, finaly confronting Cohen and brining him to justice (and in between taking in all the emotional dramas usually taken in these kind of Cop-Gangster episodes)

However you look at it, there is nothing at all in the movie. It looks like a reply to Singam Hindi remake. The action is good though. Sean Pean is as-usual-best performance.

Gangster Squad - American Masala served with Fork and Knife.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    Gangster Squad - Sean Penn Mirattal pa..... What a movie.........
    Glad that someone has watched this movie here.

I liked
    - the fight sequence during the prison break, where the electricity is off - all is dark - but when guns fire there is a 1/2 second flash.
    - Sean penn "Kuthu Parota" act towards the end
    - Emma stone

But there was a huge influence of Untouchables throughout the movie, which makes you fell a bit let down. Also I felt that the scenes were not engaging due to dull act. And the car chase was a big joke, but well filmed.
    Last edited by mappi; 6th February 2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Ilayarajava paaraattinathula enakku oru prachanai illaye. But, ARR-a degrade panra maathiri irunthathuthaan enakku prachanai. ( I guess you are talking abt GM)

Anyway, athukkum VR pathi sonnathukkum enna sambantham?

Also, ithula Dhanush engernthu vanthaaru?
    he is talking abt me - i still have aversion to Dhanush coming as the handsome hunk downing north indian beauties with his charm.......i find that incongruous - maybe Anban and all do not have issue with it.....i dont have problems with his aadukalam or polladhavan......

reg GVM, obviously, we have artifacts to prove he is a silly liar.......i think even when he was associated with AR, there were criticisms on his contradictions......his praise on IR is not new but when he is trying to degrade others with his sillly attitude, he gets beaten.....infact, i have never called him names like peter or anything - only Anban and co used to call him peter etc and later acknowledged him as sir, sire etc......thats all understandable - all Anban is doing is throwing stones sitting in glass house......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    Review ellaam solely based on loyalty of the artist in Q towards ARR
    yen neenga when shankar called Shivaji as his biggest hit of career forgetting Indian - u didnt get pissed and isnt that the big reason to boycott his movies?? infact the entire maniratnam hatred is because of his professional problems with IR and one more reason......dhanu, abirmai ramanathan, aamir khan etc indha madhiri ethhana pera, kamal-kkaaga ignore panreenga?? glass house , stone throwing

and yea, who can forget ur beauty of equations all AR fans=peter=north india support=hindi movie fans whereas kamal fans=IR fans=rooted people=sensible people=wont watch hindi movies.......do u realise u r living in a dystopian world?
    Last edited by MADDY; 8th February 2013 at 10:55 AM.
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan
    I noticed yesterday.Think he refers to that.

His wish if he doesn't want to elaborate in the relevant thread
    if u see above comments - its because of the very reason, i didnt post in VR thread to avoid any unwanted discussions......
    _________

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    if u see above comments - its because of the very reason, i didnt post in VR thread to avoid any unwanted discussions......
    Disagree.A problem with few should not desist anybody to post an opinion.

Understand what you are coming to,we all do this.Better option would have been to not even post that line and act as if you have not watched at all.

When you say mokkai,better go the whole hog and xplain why you say so.
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinefan View Post
    Better option would have been to not even post that line and act as if you have not watched at all.

When you say mokkai,better go the whole hog and xplain why you say so.
    honestly, i dont feel like explaining........and even if i explain, its of no use, it would be attributed to me being Mani, AR fan.....i posted here because i want it to come across as incidental and not intentional.......and normally, i do post here , there is small group here who want to know people's opinion on various movies.....like im waiting for selva to watch kadal and give his opinion here - it would be fun on how he reacts
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    there is small group here who want to know people's opinion on various movies.....
    I welcome your comment.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    I welcome your comment.
    I too welcome the same...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    I welcome your comment.
    yeah, i do keep watching this space for comments on movies
    _________