Page 146 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anjali-um illa Panjali-um illa

Even if one doesn't wish to communicate something to a particular person in a family(who gets angry at the drop of the hat ala Venkatesh in the film) they will be pushed/pleaded to do so by his/her family. This routine happens often in families which I have seen. I thought the film brought out that well. Mahesh even says something like why don't you tell it to him which makes his mother angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar View Post
    You must explain what do you mean by "Not half bad/good". :P
    I also liked the one way communication among the family members. Venkatesh portrayed it well. Stanleykkum Anjali irukaangala

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Evil Dead ellam cult classic dhaan......how many low budget movies do we get with such linear narration nowadays.....

infact 1980s is a treasure of lot of B grade sci-fi, horror stock and we have towering movies like blade runner, shining too.......i think much like tamil movies, 80s was golden era for hollywood too....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    saw a movie Dune 1984, it was repulsive at places and a failed film trying to get out of novel......but scenes were really other worldly....nothing ever seen like that before........
    _________

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    Evil Dead ellam cult classic dhaan......how many low budget movies do we get with such linear narration nowadays.....

infact 1980s is a treasure of lot of B grade sci-fi, horror stock and we have towering movies like blade runner, shining too.......i think much like tamil movies, 80s was golden era for hollywood too....

neenga teens la paartha padam ngrathunala you would have find it more enjoyable (ethaiyum aarayama anubavikkara vayasu) and so felt like that
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neerparavai... One of the best movie 2012

Pesama intha padathuku KADAL-nu title vetchirukellam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    neenga teens la paartha padam ngrathunala you would have find it more enjoyable (ethaiyum aarayama anubavikkara vayasu) and so felt like that
    not really, im catching them now infact......the era of manual special effects combined with early days CG was pretty good......
    _________

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched 'Taxi Driver' (De Niro flick) - I don't get the hype surrounding this movie.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k_vanan View Post
    Neerparavai... One of the best movie 2012

Pesama intha padathuku KADAL-nu title vetchirukellam
    Enna thaan vayasaanalum Sunaina eppdi Nandita Das aaga mudiyum?

Yes ok movie, climax was not convincing.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 19thmay View Post
    Enna thaan vayasaanalum Sunaina eppdi Nandita Das aaga mudiyum?

Yes ok movie, climax was not convincing.

That was may be a slight compromise.... The director had said in some interviews that he cast her because he wanted the movie to be noticed by people outside TN.....and to know the plight of fishermen...... For that he needed a nationally known face ......

Titanic la Rose um appadi thaane
    Last edited by Movie Buff; 16th February 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshan View Post
    Watched 'Taxi Driver' (De Niro flick) - I don't get the hype surrounding this movie.
    I would not call it it a hype. Its first of it kind movie to showcase the street horrors + the mental status of a ex-soldier + the charcters detachement with the soceity + how he cures himself with his violent thought by taking the role of vigilantie. Robert de Niro as Travis Bickle was real and thru his performance proved how much he had understood the depth in his role. Jodie Fosters character was a big slap on the soceity. There are much more including the brothel sequences towards the end.

So this movie was welcomed by the audience, critics as well as got some good reviews. Try to watch the movie again after seeing some interviews and analyses by people involved. You will find the difference.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India