Thread: LEGENDARY AMITABH

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tks SP!
    Well, glad to know tat he's stable now.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprise surprise!

I am Hale & Hearty: Amitabh

A routine checkup for a stomach infection was blown out of all proportions by an over-zealous section of the electronic media.

Amitabh Bachchan isn't the country's biggest star for nothing. "What I do and also what I don't do are blown out of all proportions," he laughs.

Hence a visit to a Delhi hospital en route to Mumbai was taken to be enough signal for the some tv channels to go ballistic with speculation.
    "I'm fine and there's absolutely no cause for alarm. On Sunday I was in Lucknow for a function on the occasion of my father's (poet Harivanshrai Bachchan) birthday. Today on the way back to Mumbai I had this minor ailment. That's all. No need to raise a hue and cry about it when there's so many important national issues that require urgent attention," says AB.
    Though the news of his hospitalization on Monday morning turned out to be much ado about hardly anything, it's a fact that Mr Bachchan needs to look after himself. Most of his well-wishers feel he's going way beyond the schedules prescribed for someone his age.
    "He really needs to slow down. But Pa just doesn't listen," says Abhishek. "Last week he returned from New York and went straight into Ravi Chopra's Babul.On Sunday he was at a function in Lucknow on the occasion of his father the late Harivanshrai Bachchan's birthday. On Monday morning he felt queasy in the morning, but in control. But the health warning has been served. It's time to take it easy."

Chek out: http://msn.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=8838

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually he had some surgery and is now recovering...dont know what surgery

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sandeep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SP leader Amar Singh claiming that AB had been denied the honour of inaugurating the IFFI at Goa due to political reasons. Singh displayed an invitation letter dated October 26 to Bachchan from Goa chief minister Pratapsinh Rane, which was later withdrawn apparently for his proximity to the SP. He also lambasted Doordarshan, accusing it of "blacking out" the star's illness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanjinika
    Actually he had some surgery and is now recovering...dont know what surgery
    My mum was saying sumthing to do w/ the colon......she said tis due to poor dietary habits, lack of fibrous food intake........
    Hmm.......looks like Big B hasn't been too conservative in his diet lately!
    But hey, I can't believe the organisers of KBC2 who sounded more worried abt his continuity as their show's host rather than his health.........read an article abt it........they shud give the man a break for a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE-India) has accused Amitabh Bachchan of violating Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003 by appearing in an advertisement which shows him smoking a cigar and served a legal notice to him.

The hoarding displayed along national highway near Panaji city which advertises yet-to-be released "Family" movie along with anchor appliances. Amitabh is shown putting cigar in his mouth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep
    National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication (NOTE-India) has accused Amitabh Bachchan of violating Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003 by appearing in an advertisement which shows him smoking a cigar and served a legal notice to him.
    The hoarding displayed along national highway near Panaji city which advertises yet-to-be released "Family" movie along with anchor appliances. Amitabh is shown putting cigar in his mouth.
    As long as there is supply (sale) of cigars/cigarettes its no use policing those r seen smoking it.....! There r so many famous Businessmen/politicial leaders who smoke too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amitabh Bachchan has apologised to an anti-tobacco group for appearing in an advertisement showing him smoking a cigar.

'I am deeply apologetic of the advertisement that has hurt the sentiments of the people at large and organisations such as yours,' Bachchan said in a letter to Shekhar Salkar, general secretary, the National Organisation for Tobacco Eradication.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345