Page 331 of 389 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3888

Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kugan98's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sangeethabalaji View Post
    Thank you very much K for both the recipes. Looks mouth watering. Oh I see this much soy sauce required. Thats why mine is taste less. Also the chille paste sounds easy so I will make it in bulk and store it. K do u mean to say this much chilles required to make 500 gms of noodles?

K I do get all sauces here , I am just confused which one to pick. THere are minimum 50 Chinese/hong kong/korean groceries near my home. I have also seen the dark sauce and the light one. I am going to buy dark and light now. When I go to the market I will try to take pic and post it here.

I also forgot to answer one of your questions. I do eat egg when its made without the smell. Do not enjoy too much of egg yolk. You know the sweet acchu murukku I do not like it because I get the egg smell in it. But I enjoy some cakes though there is egg in it because I do not get that smell. My husband is so fond of the chinese cakes here sold in a Chinese bakery here but I hate them because of the egg smell. So if I do not get the egg smell I do like all desserts with egg.

I get your point so instead of using those sauces in noodles I should use them in vegetable fry. Thanks K for the info. Not only I got recipe for the noodle also for the Mustard leaves. You are so sweet.

Dear Sangeetha, thanks for your nice post. Please do not hesitate to ask any of your questions.
    Sometimes I could be wrong.

Sangeetha, in cake making and cookies, you have to strictly follow the recipe as per measurements.
    Other wise your baking would be a flop.

In cooking, the recipe is only a guideline as to how the dish is made and also what ingredients go into it.
    The chilli, sourness, salt and things, we add according to our likeness and how our family likes.
    You can make the chilli paste and store it in your fridge. I do not like the sambal olek

You can add chilli, as to how much your family likes the heat, not necessary the whole paste. Sauces too the same.
    As per my house, I love a little bit more sour, my co-sister does not like sour things.
    So when I make sambals, rasams, puli kulambus, I take into consideration her tastes.
    once in a way, I will cook little as per my taste

I did not know that they had dark soy sauce in US. I walked so many times, looking so closely in the sauce section.
    Finally, I picked up courage and packed a big bottle of our Malaysian dark soy sauce to be taken to US.
    My heart was in my mouth till I cleared the immigration in US.

Good news for you Sangeetha, do you know that you can make egg less achu murukku.
    Try it out for this Deepavalli. We are very strict vegetarians, not even eggs.
    Our children miss out on lot of cakes and things because of eggs.
    They had a big debate with the elders in our house, regarding egg, and lost out.

Thanks Sangeetha, I feel very happy sharing, what ever I know with you.
    I have got a tapioca recipe, that is very common in Malaysia.
    I will post it for you.
    Thanks and take care, Kugan
    Last edited by kugan98; 30th September 2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Chefs are just like children.
    They should be seen not heard.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    TAPIOCA ROUNDS OR (BALLS )

Ingredients:

350 grms of cleaned tapioca
    100 grms caster sugar
    90 grms grated fresh coconut
    ¼ tsp salt

Batter:
    20 grms plain flour
    80 grms rice flour
    1/3 tsp salt
    150 ml water
    ½ tsp baking powder
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    A pinch of yellow color

Oil for deep frying

Method:

Steam the tapioca until very soft, remove and mash it while it is still hot.
    Discard any fibrous bits found in the tapioca.
    Add in the sugar, coconut and salt, mix every thing well.
    Shape them into lemon size balls and keep aside.

Combine all the ingredients for the batter.
    Heat the oil in a wok for deep frying. Use medium heat.
    Now dip each ball of tapioca into the batter and fry until a crust forms.
    Remove and serve with hot tea or coffee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here Sangeetha, egg less achu murukku for you.
    Kugan.

EGGLESS ACHU MURUKKU (ROSE COOKIES)

Ingredients:

1 cup rice flour
    ½ cup plain flour
    1/8 th cup corn flour
    Sieve the 3 flours well together

1 ¼ cup thick coconut milk
    ½ cup sugar
    ½ tsp salt
    A pinch of white lime (chunnambu )
    Oil for frying

Method:
    Put the flours, sugar, white lime and coconut milk in a bowl.
    Mix well till the sugar dissolves.
    Beat the batter till it becomes smooth.

Heat oil in a wok over medium flame.
    Take the achu murukku mould and dip it into the oil to make it hot.
    When the mould is hot, dip it into the batter.
    Take care not to let the batter cover more than ¾ of the height on the mould.

Plunge the mould into the hot oil and hold for a minute.
    Then slip the murukku off the mould by shaking it gently.
    Let the murukku cook for 1-2 minute till it turns lightly brown.
    Remove and drain onto a kitchen paper towel.
    When cool store in a airtight tin.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    K,

THank you very much for both the sweet delights. Both look like a very very light snack for the tea time. I just now googled for the mold thinking of alternative

I also came here to give you the recipe of Puliserry from the mami, which goes well with sevai and pappadam.

Puliserry 1 Without Coconut

THuvar dal - 2.5 tbs

Rice - 1.5 tbs

Pachai milagai - 6

Curd - 1 cup mixed in 1/2 cup water

Milk - 1 cup

Seasoning - Mustard seeds - 1tsp, Whole red chilles (neeta milgai) - 2, Vendayam - 1/4 tsp, curry leaves

Method:

Dry fry the rice and thuvardal for 3 to 4 mins , once it cools grind it to a paste along with green chilles and little water. Season the given ingredients , meanwhile mix the paste with the milk and add this mixture to the seasoning, do not boil this just oru kothi vandavudan take it off the stove and once this cools add the salt and curd water mixture. at this stage it can be heated in medium heat but this too should not boil take it off the stove otherwise it will curdle.

Puliserry 2 with coconut

Coconut - 1/2 mudi

Pachai Milagai - 6

Curd water Mixture same as above.

Seasonig same as above.

Grind the coconut and green chilles to a paste (not too smooth) mix it with 1 cup water. Season the given ingredients and then add the coconut mixture keep the flame in medium once it slightly boils add the curd water mixture and slightly boil and take if off the stove immediately.

Note

In both ways once can use vegetables like Okra, Chow Chow or WHite Pumkin. If you wish to use after seasoning throw the vegetables in and with minimum minimum water boil them.

Mami told both will go with sevai and she has served me that day the one without coconut. Oh I did not even know.
    Last edited by sangeethabalaji; 30th September 2013 at 05:42 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sangeethabalaji View Post
    PS Thamby in kitchen super stars chef dhamu was mentioning wattalappam and I also googled for its recipe, the main main ingredient was egg and coconut milk
    hmm, thanks for confirming it
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kugan98 View Post

That's why I posted the eggless caramel for you.
    I have used fresh milk instead of the coconut milk.
    Also little custard flour and the agar agar to bind the milk.
    Try and see Tamby, it will be very tasty.
    Thanks and take care, Kugan.
    Thanks akka, I will try it, but it looks like Caramel triffles? If so it is easier to buy from supermarkets than making it
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kugan98 View Post
    Dear Sangeetha, thanks for your nice post. Please do not hesitate to ask any of your questions.
    Sometimes I could be wrong.

Sangeetha, in cake making and cookies, you have to strictly follow the recipe as per measurements.
    Other wise your baking would be a flop.

In cooking, the recipe is only a guideline as to how the dish is made and also what ingredients go into it.
    The chilli, sourness, salt and things, we add according to our likeness and how our family likes.
    You can make the chilli paste and store it in your fridge. I do not like the sambal olek

You can add chilli, as to how much your family likes the heat, not necessary the whole paste. Sauces too the same.
    As per my house, I love a little bit more sour, my co-sister does not like sour things.
    So when I make sambals, rasams, puli kulambus, I take into consideration her tastes.
    once in a way, I will cook little as per my taste

I did not know that they had dark soy sauce in US. I walked so many times, looking so closely in the sauce section.
    Finally, I picked up courage and packed a big bottle of our Malaysian dark soy sauce to be taken to US.
    My heart was in my mouth till I cleared the immigration in US.

Good news for you Sangeetha, do you know that you can make egg less achu murukku.
    Try it out for this Deepavalli. We are very strict vegetarians, not even eggs.
    Our children miss out on lot of cakes and things because of eggs.
    They had a big debate with the elders in our house, regarding egg, and lost out.

Thanks Sangeetha, I feel very happy sharing, what ever I know with you.
    I have got a tapioca recipe, that is very common in Malaysia.
    I will post it for you.
    Thanks and take care, Kugan
    then you are like me. I too like sour dishes. every time I pass through immigration same thing here, heart will be beating at a different range. madam always bring one extra baggage. fulla foods, some swami padams, few indian dresses which all my family gave. but mostly the baggage is full of foods. friendsku gifts sweet snacks for them etc. only this time I learnt what is very imp to bring and what is less imp.

Will you use malaysian dried red chilles for these kind of paste or the indian ones. When ever I visit chinese stores they sell lot of whole long red chilles in packets and its cheap compared to indian but i do not know how spicy it will be so never buy.

I also buy mexican arbol peppers ( kaanja neeta milagai ) it looks light in color compared to our neeta milagai but sema kaaaaaaaaaaaram.

Post Thanks / Like
    PS Thamby this one is not Wattalappam but may be match your taste buds Vattayappam

http://www.erivumpuliyumm.com/2011/1...s-steamed.html

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fresh Cucumber Salad...stays in the frig up to 2 months!

7-cups unpeeled pickling cucumbers sliced thin (about 7 large dills)
    1-cup sliced onions
    1-cup sliced bell peppers
    1-tbsp salt
    1-cup white vinegar
    2-cups sugar ( I would sustitute with stevia for lower carb)
    1-tsp celery seed
    1-tsp mustard seed

Mix cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; set a side
    Put vinegar, sugar, celery seed and mustard seed in a pot and bring to a boil
    Remove from heat and let cool for one hour
    Pour mixture over cucumbers
    Put in jars and store in refrigerator
    Will keep up to 2 months

Makes 2 quart jars
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everybody

So many pages and recipe to catch up..........
    Ellarukkum Happy Navarathri.
    Sudha
    Coimbatore
    ---------------------------------------------