Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top music-directors of 2005

Senior Member Veteran Hubber thamizhvaanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    when movie releases,and running into average/flop,it brings the song's popularity down with it too...
    i think an ARR album will be at its popular best not during the album release or film release. his music takes time to grow and so it really haunts general public's minds after quite a bit of time. an ARR fan mite dedicate hrs listenin to his music, but for normal ppl, its just by chance.

remember when Boys audio released it reinvigorated TFM industry. but its effects were really felt after the movie bombed when the music bcame really popular. so much that it created a gr8 anticipation from his next album, E20 U18, for which album sales were sky high rite from the beginning. it even sold more cassettes than Boys.

so it is this pre-release hype that carries from one album to the other, that sells most of ARRs albums. so if he is out of industry for sometime, the new album actually lacks the momentum to carry it forward. if any of his album released after A Aah, it wud have bcome a definite hit. invariably all of his albums are popular some good time after its release.

i still remember the winter when four of his films were supposed to release, in some november. kandukondein kandukondein, tajmahal, mudhalvan, alaipayuthey. infact two of the movie's release were even postponed to avoid this clash of titans. The albums struck one after other like a tsunami. ARR was all over the place. after these stupendous succeses the hype raised so high that the music sales for "Rhythm" that followed this period touched 1 lakh number in just a week's time. (after rhythm, i have never heard of an album that touched 1 lakh number, except "Run" which also touched that number but after sometime) ofcourse the year 1999 will be remembered for other succeses of ARR which included the sooper-dooper hit TAAL!!!. man! only IR cud have had a more productive purple patch.

so going by the history, this year should be really rocking for ARR. and u cant say he is out of form. He is like bradman, he never goes out of form. he hits a century every innings. i enjoyed all of his albums during his supposedly dry patch.
    A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234