Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Hybrid View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such things are expected from an unknown music label company. Why can't Raaja associate with big world brands like Sony, Tharangini (Yesudas), Saregama, T-Series, Magnasound? The music world is a big social engineering platform where artists from every corner of the globe are trying to compete. We have such magnificient collection of Platinum hits from Ilayaraaja which is being abused by an unknown music label. This is not the first time that we have heard of fights with music companies. Raaja himself went through litigation with Inreco, Echo, AVM Audio and others. Rahman had issues with few companies regarding music royalty. I would expect Karthik Raaja to resolve these litigations and hand over Maestro's music album distribution to big label firms. You have to think big and global in order to take Maestro's music to all parts of the globe. Ilayaraaja's music certainly cannot be limited to just Indian cinema because he is a global phenomenon. A truly global music company can spread his music/ songs to billions of listeners world wide. Every time I listen to a music soundtrack or album, I am more than convinced that our Maestro is truly a Legend. The so called hyped mega productions sound tracks are a failure. Raaja's sound track has indeed salvaged many super star's career.

The following article is from NY Times in 2010. Why can't Raaja's albums be distributed via Universal Music/ Deshits?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/19/ar...desi.html?_r=0
    Last edited by rajsekar; 28th May 2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Adding few lines

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement