Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Post Thanks / Like
    Kyrgios leading Rafa 2 sets to 1. Come on Rafa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nadal loses to Kyrgios 6-7, 7-5, 6-7, 3-6!

Post Thanks / Like
    If there is one word to describe Kyrgios performance today, its fearless. Careless of the fact that there's an equal chance to be error prone while attempting an insane fh, unfazed by the opponent and seemingly undaunted by the aura of the centre court. Special talent
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 2nd July 2014 at 09:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Kyrgios stuns Rafael Nadal with four-set Wimbledon victory

-Kevin Mitchell; The Guardian, July 1, 2014.

"Nick Kyrgios, an Australian teenager with no fear and a golden arm, blew the world No1, Rafael Nadal, off Centre Court in four extraordinary sets on Tuesday night to reach the quarter-finals on his Wimbledon debut."

"And the aces just kept coming, like the rigged reel of a fruit machine. By the end, there were 37 of them next to his name, delivered to all parts of the box, regardless of circumstance, with and without spin or swerve, at various speeds up to 133mph. This, clearly, was a young man in a hurry."

Post Thanks / Like
    While most of the Rafa fans were jumping around that he has made it to the second week of Wimbledon, it is understood that Rafa was waiting for the right man to keep his streak going....

The streak,

2012 - Loses to 100th ranked Rosol in 2nd round
    2013 - Loses to 135th ranked Daricis in 1st round
    2014 - Loses to 144th ranked Kyrgios in 4th round.

Is it the back?, knee? or an abdomen tear??....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    Is it the back?, knee? or an abdomen tear??....
    None of the above!

This is what Rafa Nadal said in a post-match interview: "I think in the second and the third set I was better than him (Nick Kyrgios), but I was not able to convert those opportunities. And for the rest, I think he played better than me. So, in general, talking about what you need to win in this surface, he did the things better than me." [Source: ATP News]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    None of the above!

This is what Rafa Nadal said in a post-match interview: "I think in the second and the third set I was better than him (Nick Kyrgios), but I was not able to convert those opportunities. And for the rest, I think he played better than me. So, in general, talking about what you need to win in this surface, he did the things better than me." [Source: ATP News]
    That is exactly what he said in 2012 after his loss to Rosol (post match interview)..........
    Did you hear what he had to say about that loss recently (I don't consider it as a loss as I was playing with a bad knee almost starting from the clay season).
    Actually he even doesn't know what Toni will ask him to say a week later or may be a year later about this loss.
    We will wait and watch...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol. Anyway, the bull's horns have finally been plucked out brutally. I don't think Nadal could have played much better than he did yesterday. Nadal has actually been serving very well this Wimbledon, not usually one of his weapons. Amazing that he was still thoroughly outplayed. If the match went to 4 sets, that was more on account of Kyrgios' inexperience which led him to make mistakes. We have had a few guys with monster serves on tour like Karlovic or even Del Potro but Kyrgios is pretty classic in the way he places the serves so effectively. 37 aces! His return game was not consistent but when he did bring it on, some of the return winners were mindboggling, almost like Djoko who!

But my absolute favourite moment of the match was when Rafa was taking too long to get ready to receive at the start of the 3rd. Kyrgios just decided to get on with it and Rafa was barely looking up at the ball when Kyrgios was through with his serve motion! No words spoken, just quietly sent the message, "I don't give a shit about you." It's high time players stopped pussyfooting over Nadal's time wasting tactics in trying to be nice. Glad that a 19 year old outside the top 100 finally did it.

Raonic has improved his netgame a lot so Kyrgios won't have it easy against him. Should be interesting. If the match goes to 5 sets, the combined ace count may well cross 100!

Post Thanks / Like
    Highlights from the Nick Kyrgios-Rafa Nadal match:

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nick Kyrgios was exceptional yesterday but I wouldn't be surprised if he is knocked out by Raonic... nadal didn't have the game for a Grass court..
    Karthik -Happy Illa