Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yuvan Shankar Raja's - KEDI

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rashid2raj
    Quote Originally Posted by NagaS
    Not sure if im the only one - But I do like Kedi songs and can't see why majority here say its a flop,

I was very disappointed before downloading this album to read such comments and really thought yuvan failed this time (based on what I read here), But the songs are hummable and have everything to hit the charts - I think he has delivered whats required for a movie like this and it will make sense for the target audience,

Ofcourse, Nothing innovative / new here and it can't be called his master piece or something, But Yuvan can't be called a failure for doing such decent and 'to-the-point' songs for a bilingual movie, where he has to keep in mind the Telugu audience also
    Then Nagas i'm sure you'll be satisfied with Dhina's, D.Imman's, Mani sharma's & Baradwaj's currently albums
    Vayitherichal thana

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    not sure how many songs he copied though,but this is famouse :

1.Nuvenna - Raam [Telugu-2006] copied from Anarkali - KKS [2003]
    Dinesh, it is sure that YSR has many inspiration from ARR not by copying just tunes, beats, music but by following ARR's way such as variety, hardwork, etc.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    not sure how many songs he copied though,but this is famouse :

1.Nuvenna - Raam [Telugu-2006] copied from Anarkali - KKS [2003]
    Dinesh, it is sure that YSR has many inspiration from ARR not by copying just tunes, beats, music but by following ARR's way such as variety, hardwork, etc.
    definitely Yuvan follows ARR's variety, hardwork, concentration on sound effect etc.
    But tune area, Yuvan is in another plane. He has his own style.
    i see the difference btw ARR and Yuvan's tune making style.

Selection of movies and giving music based on director/story
    for that Yuvan follows ilaiyaraja style.
    yuvan's selection of movies should improve IMHO.
    --

Senior Member Devoted Hubber rashid2raj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by NagaS
    Not sure if im the only one - But I do like Kedi songs and can't see why majority here say its a flop,

I was very disappointed before downloading this album to read such comments and really thought yuvan failed this time (based on what I read here), But the songs are hummable and have everything to hit the charts - I think he has delivered whats required for a movie like this and it will make sense for the target audience,

Ofcourse, Nothing innovative / new here and it can't be called his master piece or something, But Yuvan can't be called a failure for doing such decent and 'to-the-point' songs for a bilingual movie, where he has to keep in mind the Telugu audience also
    Then Nagas i'm sure you'll be satisfied with currently albums
    Vayitherichal thana
    Well, if Yuvans Kedi songs are good.. Then Dhina's, D.Imman's, Mani sharma's, Srikanth Deva & Baradwaj's must be good too.. I had the same feeling afte listening to Kedi.. None of the song impressed me, & none of the songs stayed in my mind.. The same feeling i have with those dappangkuttu MD's..
    Anbe unnaal manam freezing, adada kadhal endrum amazing B-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan could have avoided this one.. & even he should avoid such movies in futures.. Look at mr. Harris Jayaraj he's very choosy..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yuvan could have avoided this one.. & even he should avoid such movies in futures.. Look at mr. Harris Jayaraj he's very choosy..
    Being choosy is not going to give you 100% success rate either.. We have enough examples from HJ/ARR. They have their own shares of failures. So let him do what Yuvan wants.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber sick31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jegansavannah
    common guys.. all arr and ir fans say tht ysr isnt in the league of legends.. accepted.. thn why whtz wrong in giving an avg album( out of all recent chartbusters). every1 has given tht before.. hez a promising kid.. he has proved he has got good future.. common guys this shows tht you guys are really afraid to show your face in ysr era
    Jegan, I think the point that a lot of us are trying to make is exactly this. YSR has shown an incredible lot of promise. I've loved his recent movies. He's been creating many different types of styles over the different films.

- 7G Rainbow Colony (with the solemn Kan Pesum and the inticate Kana Kaanum), Bala (with the sensous Theendi Theendi), Arinthum Ariyaamalum (with the very popular Theepidikka) and a whole host of other movies. I'm still listening to his stuff from Kanda Naal Muthal, which I think is one of the best all round albums in a long time.

And then he does strange things like Vallavan and Kedi.

You ask what's wrong if he gives a mediocre album, since he isn't regarded as one of the top music directors. My stance is, how is he ever going to be regarded as a top music director, if he isn't consistent? I've never been a huge fan of YSR, but recently I've been looking forward to his releases quite eagerly, and frankly, I'm disappointed.

Oh well. Guess I'll go listen to Erimalai Naanae to cheer myself up. And possibly Merke Merke as well. And Pani Thuli.

-Vijay
    [insert thought-provoking sig here]

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you notice that there is not Remix or Rap song in this album. Hmmmm I think that YSR himself didn't want to do this movie.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by baba88
    Did you notice that there is not Remix or Rap song in this album. Hmmmm I think that YSR himself didn't want to do this movie.
    LOL thats an interesting observation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    Being choosy is not going to give you 100% success rate either.. We have enough examples from HJ/ARR. They have their own shares of failures. So let him do what Yuvan wants.
    100% succes belongs to kadavul yaa..

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast