Page 199 of 218 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2178

Thread: IR New Albums - Old responses (5 Aug 2006)

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nitya wrote:

I'd hope not!!! I wouldn't want to see such a great talent using his musical capabilities to promote atheism.

Intolerence at its peak
    When we atheists are able to listen to 'Thiruvaasagam' day and night for its literary and musical significance. Why can't you people listen to the music on the subject of athiesm for its social significance. This shows how narrow a theist's mind is. And how broad an Athiest's mind shouts
    'Paarada intha maanida parappai' - Bharathidasan
    Hypocrisy at its peak! :P
    Now, I have no qualms with 'Thiruvaasagam.' But what social significance are you talking about?

You may have a broad mind by the standards of you and I, but is your mind broad enough that you could tell me where I am, what I look like, and how much money I have? First see if you can answer this question and then brag about how broad atheists' minds are compared to theists.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitya
    Mr. Judge
    I too want IR to accept the offer. IR had scored for movies with atheist themes ex. Kadavul. So IR will do it if he is approached. With the songs of people you listed here if IR sticks with manual orchestra, that will be a treat for all.
    You mean, if IR uses manual orchestra! You can't be too sure.
    I am among the one of IR fans who want him to go back to his roots where he is so strong instead of using synths. Somehow his songs sound lifeless with new tech. Just listen to 'kodiyile' from Kadalorak kavithaigal, everything was in the right proportion tune, recording with good bass etc. I wish IR sticks with orchestra if he gets this project.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You may have a broad mind by the standards of you and I, but is your mind broad enough that you could tell me where I am, what I look like, and how much money I have? First see if you can answer this question and then brag about how broad atheists' minds are compared to theists.
    You are in planet earth
    you almost look like a female
    you have more money than you need

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vysar
    Don't forget Jeppiar

Bala quoted

“He is the best music director in Indian cinema. No wonder we call him Isaigjani Ilayaraja” .

Bala added that music will be an integral part of his film

http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery...llery=14227651
    Thnx for reminding Jpr

But the other sites mentions Krishnamurthy a carnatic singer 'will play a significant role'. Probably the earlier link where it mentioned Krishnaswamy should be wrong

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajasaranam, Hmm...broadstroking theists on the basis of a sample set of 1 - thats broad-mindedness?
    I do hope IR doesnt do Periyar - not because of the atheism thing - that atheism thing is only a part of Periar's ideology.But because I dont think we would get anything better than 'Kamaraj' - IR's formulaic approach is quite well known - in the sense not in the SARajkumar sense - same tune for all occasions - but in a different sense - IR does have a forumla for 1)Mallu movie sub-genres of movies - watch the similarity between Kastoori Maan and Kadalukku maraiyaadhai - both are sensitive malayalam-type movies and similarly, you can find sub-genres like this sub-genre of "Leader" movies. That said, who would do a better job? Surely, not VS?(Hey, we dont need a melody for this movie)

I hope to be pleasantly surprised if IR does do this movie and comes out with a different score.

Coming back to the atheism discussion and Periyar, I do agree with RS that Periyaar cannot be seen from a "GOD-hater" prism alone - he atleast lived with his principles, didnt aspire for power and though he initiated brahmin-baiting(a trait which IMO has been taken to its limits by DMK), I think it is quite natural for a section oppressed for centuries to feel bitter against the erstwhile oppressors - that doesnt justify it but atleast, I can understand. What I cannot understand though is the continued manic hate for Brahmins and attributing current manipulation of social engineering practices to them - RS, if you wake up, you will realise that the real threat to the oppressed people doesnt come from Brahmins but the political classes and families which promote their own interests at the expense of
    1) Their party workers
    2) General public
    I pity class 1 more because they are pouring water for "vizhal".

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajasaranam, Hmm...broadstroking theists on the basis of a sample set of 1 - thats broad-mindedness?
    I do hope IR doesnt do Periyar - not because of the atheism thing - that atheism thing is only a part of Periar's ideology.But because I dont think we would get anything better than 'Kamaraj' - IR's formulaic approach is quite well known - in the sense not in the SARajkumar sense - same tune for all occasions - but in a different sense - IR does have a forumla for 1)Mallu movie sub-genres of movies - watch the similarity between Kastoori Maan and Kadalukku maraiyaadhai - both are sensitive malayalam-type movies and similarly, you can find sub-genres like this sub-genre of "Leader" movies. That said, who would do a better job? Surely, not VS?(Hey, we dont need a melody for this movie)

I hope to be pleasantly surprised if IR does do this movie and comes out with a different score.

Coming back to the atheism discussion and Periyar, I do agree with RS that Periyaar cannot be seen from a "GOD-hater" prism alone - he atleast lived with his principles, didnt aspire for power and though he initiated brahmin-baiting(a trait which IMO has been taken to its limits by DMK), I think it is quite natural for a section oppressed for centuries to feel bitter against the erstwhile oppressors - that doesnt justify it but atleast, I can understand. What I cannot understand though is the continued manic hate for Brahmins and attributing current manipulation of social engineering practices to them - RS, if you wake up, you will realise that the real threat to the oppressed people doesnt come from Brahmins but the political classes and families which promote their own interests at the expense of
    1) Their party workers
    2) General public
    I pity class 1 more because they are pouring water for "vizhal".

Post Thanks / Like
    rajdes,

ok agreed I shouldn't have classified all theists alike nitya who is fanatical in opposing Athiesm. May be i should've classified her along the RSS gangs who are similar to her in thought process.
    Regarding IR getting into a formulaic circle I agree aswel disagree. This can be said about other movies too no...Love subject, action movies, thrillers are take any other kind of movies he has worked. Just because Raja has worked on My dear kuttichathan and Anjali we can't ask him to stop working on TTLS. Though we know the music has same formulaic approach in these kind of movies we expect him to come up with a 'Swasathin Thalathil' among other formula songs.
    And regarding historical personalities RAja jas worked only Kamaraj and Bharathi till now. Both were entirely different musically. That should've come up because one was a political leader and the other a poet. Same way Periyaar is not a mere political leader he was a social reformer and revolutionary. Hence we can expect some different kind of scores for this if scored by Raja. Well if it falls into the same formula cycle nothing is lost we would get some good songs and fantastic BGM.
    Think about the life of periyaar > he was roaming around kaasi and rameshwaram like a sanyaas till 40's then he joins congress> quits it when seeing Dalits being Excluded from eating along brahmins in a congress run ashram/school> Vaikom>Kadavul Silaigal udaippu>Thravidar kazhagam>Nathigam>thamil mozhi poar> Kula kalvi ethirppu> aaruyir nanban Rajajiyai ethiriyathal> Rajaji maraivu> anna pirinthu poathal> Anaithu Saathiyinarum Archagaraaga court padi eruthal...and his death. The subject has got all the elements to become a chronicle of the history of a man better known as 'Thamizhar thanthai'. Think about the songs sequences or BGM's at these places... for instance think how Raja will transform the same theme music of friendship between Periyaar and Rajaji into their enmity in political front and when it returns back with more vigour at Rajaji's death. And if not for Raja who else can do it better?
    but I think GRajashekaran wont be bold enough [as periyaar himself ] in bringing out all these political issues in the movie. he may just churn out a melodramatic superficial movie concentrating more on the personal life of Periyaar rather than his political life, which forms the basic identity of Periyaar
    I Believe Raja should never stop scoring films forever for any reasons at all.

Raj again I would never wish to discuss political/social issues here as this is not perfect platform for doing it... if not for that post of nitya who spewed her haterd towards atheists.
    dig[Regarding the anti-brahmin sentiment i do agree with you that it has been carried too far in tamilnadu's context [not in Indian context there is still work to be done for that] as the brahmin supremacy was well dealt with in the period of Periyaar itself. Its the DMK and its offshoots who used it to their utmost advantage. If periyaar was there today he would have thrashed up the neo-brahmin people like Devar's, Vanniyars, Naadars and Kounders who are more vehement in upholding casteist principles and opressing others more than brahmin's. ]end dig

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some speculation about the forthcoming movie "Shiva":

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/h...cle/23076.html

Thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    sudhakarg
    Not sure if IR would accept composing music on a subject that calls for atheism!!
    I'd hope not!!! I wouldn't want to see such a great talent using his musical capabilities to promote atheism.
    I disagree. Working on a movie on Periayar does not equate to promoting atheism. Moreover, not all movies IR worked on were examples to be emulated by the youth/general population. Most of our movies are sexist (the way hero treats the heroine), vulgar (eg. nethu rathiri yamma) many are casteist, and a growing lot are glorifying/espousing violence.
    To be honest, I should say, inspite of the negatives (violence on brahmins), Periyar DID contribute majorly to the social maturity/growth of the state.
    DMK/ADMK and other parties have used Periyars' ideologies conveniently to their own personal gains and have precipitated the failure of the Dravidian movement. The return to casteism in the state is proof of this.
    (Even Dir. Bala is overrated , chEran seems to be more positive-minded and healthy in his approach. I watched thavamai thavamirunthu and really appreciate it. Wish IR had done the music for this - some copycats have used ARRs music in this movie).

Post Thanks / Like
    Kalaignar's life history in movie format
    Details in kumudam
    http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Cine...-05-29/pg2.php

Six songs in the movie three are sung by Raja