Page 208 of 218 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2178

Thread: IR New Albums - Old responses (5 Aug 2006)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjeevi
    Quote Originally Posted by crvenky
    A. Balakrishnan (dir of Kamaraj) has announced his next film based on GK Moopanar's life history (source: Tamilcinema.com). Is IR doing it?
    No, IR should not accept this
    I heard he has already Accepted It
    It is enough to scroe BGM only.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    can some one give me the links where can i download the mp3 version of How to name it and Nothing but wind of IR?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naaz

"Mahadev" is a half-baked attempt. Anuradha Podhwal crooning for the hindi version of 'Andha Nilava naan' was un-shaikable. The Suresh-Wadkar/AB duet 'Rim Jim' was the sole saving grave in otherwise tamil-tunes recycled version.
    There was one more SPB-SJ duet that was fast but less impressive.

Vinod Kanna was so mad during the song-recordings, it was told he wanted to replace the MD. How far this is true I am not sure. Romu Sippy who was impressed with IR-s work on Sadma (they produced the Hindi version ) stuck to his guns. I am sure he must have cursed himself for his decision.

IR in the first place should not have accepted the movie which I am sure was to cash the success of VK in his second run. Mahadev, the movie and the songs were a big flop.

Insaaf on the other hand was a huge hit those days.

My request: Please do not include this film's songs. Yeh Zindagi was/is great!

Bala

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the hindi version of `kaNNE kalai mAnE' was more tolerable than the hindi version of `poongAtRu'...The later lost its original spirit IMHO...(and on top of it, IR had the fun of importing that song in thambikku endha ooru)...

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

vem

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top%20stories/1839/

"Bollywood has no use for me " ---- IR

Post Thanks / Like

Right. With the exception of AR Rahman, I don't know if any South Indian MD has enjoyed the same respect in the North. I always find reviewers decrying any work by South Indian composers (any worthwhile composers anyway, NOT including YSR, Srikanth Deva or any of the likes) as too Southern. Methinks Southies are much more likely to respect North Indian music than Northies South Indian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nitya,
    It is not that North Indians didnt have good MDs. When IR was at his peak, we South Indians didnt bother to listen to MDs such as MSV, SG etc (even though the question remains if they are as talented as IR - sorry to include MSV's name here. he was over the hill already in the late 70s except for a few great hits)

Unfortuantely for IR, that was not the case in Bollywood.
    It had its favorite son RD (who was just prolific in giving amazing hits). It also had Rajesh Roshan, Kalyanji-Anandji, Laxmi-Pyare etc etc.

Now, the Hindi Film music doesnt have the same class as these MDs. So, they dont have a choice but to listen to ARR. And IR also no longer produces the same quality of songs as he used to in the 80s.

But things could change with the RGV film, and Balakrishnan movie

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Nitya"]

Can somebody paste the contents of article?im unable to access that website.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

RGV-IR Shiva

njv, what happened to RGV's shiva? when is getting releaseed or at least the songs? it was said somewhere in may30 it's getting released?

Post Thanks / Like
    musicindiaonline article
    "
    Ilaiyaraaja is one composer and writer who stands out for his musical articulacy and is a genius in his realm. He has moved one and all with his compositions that make people speechless. And it is modesty in his comprehensive nature in spite of his achievement that touches your heart. He is one of the foremost composers who have so far scored music for about 840 films comprising South and Hindi film industry. His other achievements include composing music for Meenakshi Sthothram in Sanskrit, carnatic keertanas and varnams titled Raja Lahari, albums like How to name it, Nothing But Wind and the musical score for Miss World 1996 pageant. He was also the first Asian to compose Symphony No. 1 with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra of London. He has been the recipient of many national and international awards. He has contributed towards steering film music into a new direction, infusing technology while keeping the melody alive, drawing inspiration from folk, jazz, carnatic, rock and western classical.

After long he forwards his step towards Bollywood once again with the music of producer Sunil Manchanda’s film. The film is being directed by R Balakrishnan and Ilaiyaraaja was the unanimous choice in his mind for the music of his film. On asked why he doesn’t compose more frequently here, he says “Bollywood has no use for me.”
    "