Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to eat ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    I agree with Shakthi... MOST restaurentsin blore, be it big or small, are well maintained...very clean...this includes roadside chaat sellers too...

in bangalore u can bravely eat even in a roadside restaurant unlike many cities. it's not extreme city-alism or anything like that.it's just the fact. u can be guaranteed of cleanliness in any fast food. and in b'lore even the food is less expensive.i noticed this cuz in chennai i didn't find any fast food neat.so i had ot go to saravana BHAVAN and 1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous.
    I agree with this - roadside 'restaurants' & 'fast food' outlets in Chennai are not hygenic & not appetising, whereas in B'lore they are much cleaner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there Punjabi Dhabas in B'lore? We have lots of them here in Delhi.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber narayanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know a couple, there's one in the same complex as Malgudi on Outer Ring Road. It was ok. I remember seeing another opposite Pongal on 6th Main, close to East End flyover. Havent tried the latter though.
    Paani bhujaye pyaas, baaki sab bakwaas. Clear hai ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarpet_andavan
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibha
    so i had ot go to saravana BHAVAN and 1 plate of dosa costed like Rs20 which is ridiculous.
    Saravana Bhavan is without doubt the worst "famous" restaurant.
    The items are too costly, the quantity is a joke and IMO quality should not be a bonus, it should be a given. Its a pity that many non-Chennai-ites and non-Tamils identify Chennai with SB.
    In that league, Vasantha Bhavan and Sangeetha are much better.
    Plus, you have the evergreen classics like Triplicane Rathna Cafe.

I agree that Bangalore is cleaner and you have a lot of fast food restaurants which are cheap but the "sweet" sambar, the flaky idli served in Bangalore is definitely not a Thamizhan's pint of beer

To sum up the predicament, one of my friends had come to Bangalore for the 2nd time or something and he went to a Sukh Sagar or some place like that and ordered dosai and obviously he found the sambar very sweet. The next day, he wanted to have something sweet and he ordered Kesar baath, which he found was not sweet enough!
    SAGAR group of restaurants were ONCE FMOUS ENOUGH (long back s ome 20 years or so back)

now the QUALITY of sagar restaurants are NOT ENOUGH to sate middle class ppl like us.

Normal middle class ppl, DO NOT PREFER SAGAR RESTAURANTS anymore.

A cheaper fast food joints, like how wibha suggested WORKS OUT REAL HEALTHY AND CLEAN AND TASTY (yes except for sambhar part )

esp SLV's are MUCH BETTER.

Senior Member Regular Hubber shalitha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia
    veru natural...in that case if u want natural coffee what u should do is

mix mud with water, warm it up, add a bit of cat vomit instead of creamy milk and dandruff as sugar pleasant natural food

sorry i'v been watch blackadder lately in school history lessons...it just inspires me
    Quote Originally Posted by bulb_mani
    Eat at home... if not eat at forest ... all natural aint it :P

:jwaak: :vomit:

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Bangalore, Annachi (Indra Nagar) and Ponnuchaami (Residency Road/Brigade Road Jn) are good for Thamizh/Chettinad food..

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Italian cuisine, anyone?

In Chennai, Bella Ciao (Nungambakkam high Rd) has to be the best but its VERY expensive. It doesn't get more authentic than their pizzas which are ultra-thin and wooden oven-baked...
    The ravioli rocks!

Casa Piccola (Kader Nawaz Khan Rd) - Decent food, great ambience at the roof-top and reasonably priced

Little Italy in City Center has very little variety to offer... Havent been to the main branch..

Eatalica (opp Loyola) is also good value for money...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like gangotri Buffet in Chennai........ pretty gud

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Italian is my favourite especially Olive Garden in the US :P

But I havent tried italian restaurants in chennai. Once went to a korean restaurant near azhwarpet. The food sucked and its crazy expensive as well. Forgot the name of the restaurant

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i was in chennai last week.. myself and my fiance tried the kerala dishes in a restaurant called KAIRALI located in Anna Nagar..it was simply superb....

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast