Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Endless terrorism, Samjhauta turned into Grief

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's phrase it differently. I think what unhappyboy is saying is that India should simply unilaterally withdraw from our bit of Kashmir and then leave it to them to do what they want to.

Leaving aside the merits of such a course, which I don't reallly feel like doing, the simple truth is that it'll never happen. Doing this would be political suicide for any party, and I don't see it ever being on the agenda. Something along the lines of the Northern Ireland peace process and the Good Friday Agreement might, however, be feasible.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    From the BBC, an anonymous soldier's views on Kashmir:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6367917.stm

Post Thanks / Like
    That article on BBC should be a mind opener to many...

Many in India dont accept the fact, that India is not just the fusion of different lands, north to south, east to west.. it is also the fusion of people, the people's minds... We are all together because we all feel we could be better off together, it is in the best interests of all of us to be together... but if a section of people think otherwise then the problem starts... Who are we in the other part of India to claim the ownership of kashmir??? just because one hindu King some xyz singh signed an agreement and accepted to part of the Indian union, should each and every one abide by that???

I think the solution would be, for the 3 parts of J&K the Jammu, the Kashmir and ladakh, have an Referundem ask the people their wishes, what they want, if they are happy to stay away then allow them to be seperate and happy...

Many a times I am forced to draw an analogy between the British rule in India and elsewhere to the current situation in kashmir... We were all part of British one day, didnt British seperate us when we thought we dont want to be part of the British empire???

I was watching the 50th Aniversary of Ghana independence. The main source of income there is Gold and Cocoa.. such a profitable land and British left them to be Independent... Are we cruel than Phirangi(British) think over ???

Senior Member Regular Hubber nms's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kashmir Problem - One of India's everlasting problems due to unacceptable blunders of Nehru.

We can't give it away to Pakistan just like that.They were giving accomodation and hosppitality to the Tlibans,being a partner of US's War on Terror.

Independent Kashmir may be a solution...and there must be active supports from the three neighbours (India,Pakistan & china) and the UN for the seperate country to grow politically and economically.

±ñ½¢Â ±ñ½¢Â¡íÌ ±öÐÀ ±ñ½¢Â¡÷
    ¾¢ñ½¢Â÷ ¬¸ô ¦ÀÈ¢ý - ¾¢ÕìÌÈû(666).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nms
    Kashmir Problem - One of India's everlasting problems due to unacceptable blunders of Nehru.

We can't give it away to Pakistan just like that.They were giving accomodation and hosppitality to the Tlibans,being a partner of US's War on Terror.

Independent Kashmir may be a solution...and there must be active supports from the three neighbours (India,Pakistan & china) and the UN for the seperate country to grow politically and economically.
    Do u think an independent Kashmir will stop the terrorism that the Kashmiris are facing? Do u think it'll stop the Terrorism that India is facing?
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Independent Kashmir won't put an end to terrorism. The Pakistani militants won't stop with Kashmir. Their ultimate aim is to wreck havoc in India. No leader can change the mindset of the people in that condemned land. Sometimes when I read reports blaming Musharraf for his failure to rope in the fundamental elements I pity him. Leave alone Musharraf . The thirst for blood is imbibed in those people . Afghanisthan will never be at peace. India will continue to bleed. This is the inevitable truth.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just some ridiculous scriptures from the hadith can make this human beings turn into blood thirsty animals..dunt they ever bother to find out that this scriptures are totally inhuman and illogical?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what about conducting an opinion poll or sth like in Kashmir?
    neither for Indians nor for Pakistanis, but for kashimiri.............i read this line in a book called "shalimar- the clown" by Salman Rushdie, i guess!

sorry............its just my thought, i can understand that Kashmir means a lot to Indian and India......
    pardon me, if i said anything inconvenient!
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Rocketboy - true, letting Kashmir go won't reduce terrorism significantly. But when people here talk about letting Kashmir go, we're not talking about running away because the militants have scared us.

No! The issue is a moral one. Why should we, as a country, force people who don't want to be part of us to be a part of us? This is a particularly important question because we as Indians claim to represent an ancient civilisation which stands for high moral principles. What is the morally correct way, the principled way, to deal with a situation like this?

People talk as if Kashmir leaving will be the end of the world for us. That is wrong. We are a wonderful country, and we will continue to be a wonderful one with or without a few recalcitrant states. There are a hundred crore people who love India, and who are proud to be a part of India. We don't need to forcibly keep in a people who don't appreciate our country.

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by podalangai
    No! The issue is a moral one. Why should we, as a country, force people who don't want to be part of us to be a part of us? This is a particularly important question because we as Indians claim to represent an ancient civilisation which stands for high moral principles. What is the morally correct way, the principled way, to deal with a situation like this?

People talk as if Kashmir leaving will be the end of the world for us. That is wrong. We are a wonderful country, and we will continue to be a wonderful one with or without a few recalcitrant states. There are a hundred crore people who love India, and who are proud to be a part of India. We don't need to forcibly keep in a people who don't appreciate our country.
    Well said Podalangai.
    The Kashmir issue may have deeper political implications and we know from past history that Pakistan will not stop at Kashmir.
    Crazy, a Kashmiri referendum is long overdue. No Indian and Pakistani government has the willingness to do that, probably because they both know that the Kashmiris will want their own country.

As to how successful a country will Kashmir make is a separate question altogether. Going by history, separate small nations carved out of the subcontinent are not as successful as their parent. Typical example is Bangladesh - a small nation - same language - same religion, but still struggling to take off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast