Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: VARALAATRU SUVADUGAL - ISAIGNANI ILAIYARAAJA

Senior Member Regular Hubber smss_engineer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes SC didn't make big as ilaiyaraja did quite easily. IR mentions all about MSV,kamal....etc often, but that song is clear inspiration from SC's "Naan ennum pozuthu".

And another thing,

common man, the man we are inspiring need not be a big icon! From whom we are inspiring is not imp. What we are inspiring is important

Its getting the idea thats all.

The same song is also inspired for udaya getham song And for V.kumar ---- > Unnidam mayankukiren etc.

Of coursr MSV is the real role model for many, Thats why i mentioned SC as next to MSV.

According to me, the path ilaiyaraja followed is exactly the SC's

Also SC is not inferior to MSV or SDB. Songs of MSV,SC,SDB will seem very simple at first listening. But if you look in depth, their tunes will be more complicated.

Salilda's music defies classifications and never follows a predictable format. His songs charm the listener with a first feeling of simplicity. But when you try to sing it; you realise the unusual musical twining and the complex composition. It is impossible to think of his tunes without accompaniments. The skilful use of obligato, the counter melody flowing around the main melody, is an unfailing attraction of his music.

I am sorry!

I never heard "Music Harmony" in any other MD's in india before Salil choudry and of course Ilaiyaraja!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    smss: I never denied the stature of SC as a creative composer - he is an icon in his own way! but IMHO, IR was not inspired by SC

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To my knowledge, this was spoken by Director Muthuraman at IR's JayaTV concert, Ilayaraja's ambition was to be a film music director.

Senior Member Regular Hubber smss_engineer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok irir123,

Its nice to see the great characteristics of IR. His speech will end the mouths talking -he is an arrogant. Some of the people around him were indeed arrogant.

I already told in some tfm thread, that Many of ilaiyaraja's geniusness were not recognised . The reason also i mentioned- He was simply far ahead of his times.

He mentioned about mediocre/rare songs very proudly. So, everything is music for him. We people separates good or bad or pleasure tune or mediocre tune. But for him all are simply notes/swaras.

And I am going to start a thread about his musical elements, I welcome all of you to participate.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....date=7/16/2007

oru swArasyamAna kadhaippuththagam padikkum pOdhu, naduvil 100 pakkam kANAmal pOnadhu pOndRa uNarvu...why have they suddenly jumped to sAhara sangamam? payaNangal mudivadhillai, moonRAm piRai'yellAm kANOmE?...what happened? Looks like the next one is going to be late 80's venture too...

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why this "Fast Forward" mode? What happened to "udhiri pookkal", "tik tik tik", "kadhal oviyam", "alaigai oyvadhillai", "nizhalgaL", "nenjathai kiLLaadhe" ," Nandu" and host of other unforgettables?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Dhinathandhi would have come in to agreement with IR for a fixed number of episodes only.
    Then they would interview IR , record everything and then give us the edited version.

We as IR fans may be interested in each and every detail, but if you look from business perspective the series would become too familiar if it goes like a Sindbad

But as I expected, IR clearly avoided any mention about VM.
    After Sindu Bairavi, they never worked together. So IR has cleverly masked his relationships with Vairamuthu.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.dailythanthi.com/article....date=7/17/2007

Nothing new in this....araichcha mAvu...I think the amount of time given by Raja to dhinathanthi got over...pudhiya vArppugaL varai Raja's experiences...after that they'll do a hasty conclusion...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think they are going to do a hasty conclusion. There are yet many more milestones from eighties and nineties too...
    i think from hereon they will start collecting data from other sources and people and do a good job...I hope so

Post Thanks / Like
    rs,
    Unfortunately, we have heard a lot from others in the past but very less from IR and that's why my enthu is kind of dampened...not that the series itself will be of less quality, it will definitely be a worthy read...but just won't be as interesting as those "IR versions" of stories, which will definitely be missed...It's onething to read what KB, KJY , Suhasini, Sivakumar or KSC has to say about sindhubhairavi...but altogether a different thing to hear from IR about 'pAdaRiyEn'...

Again, for now, it's only a guess that thanthi ran out of IR's appointment...who knows, they may still have some of his views...

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast